12-12-2012

United States

8 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 13 left mouse click problem!

2012-12-12, 20:22 PM

I really like the Yoga 13...but I HATE the problem that I have with clicking with th trackpad!

When I do a quick click of the left button, I hear the audible "Click" sound and feel the button under the mousepad click....but about 1/5 of the time it doesn't register as a click!  This is a huge waste of time and a major issue.  EVERY time the trackpad is clicked it MUST register.  I tried two other Yoga computer at Best Buy last night and both had the exact some problem.  It seems like there is some filtering software or something that is causing it not to register valid clicks?

If I press hard...and don't release the click immediately, then it does register....but I shouldn't have to do that when I'm getting the audible click and the button under the pad is definitely registering my click.

Anyone else have the same problem?  Anyone know of a fix!!!!!!

Options

33 Posts

11-28-2012

US

38 Signins

498 Page Views

• Views: 498
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 left mouse click problem!

2012-12-13, 1:09 AM

I had the same issue with my left click on Yoga. The contacts underneath the touchpad probably don't cover the entire touch area well. I just learned to tap it (instead of clicking it) for most needs. Now the only time I have to click it is when clicking and dragging.

Synaptics just doesn't make good quality touchpads. I never found their scroll drivers to work with VMware workstation on my other machine. They had implemented it in some crazy way instead of standard mouse wheel type scrolling.

Options

2 Posts

12-12-2012

United States

8 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 left mouse click problem!

2012-12-13, 20:30 PM
Yeah...I've tried tapping as well...but I get lots of extra unintentional taps. It just doesn't make sense to me that the switch would click and not register! This is clearly a manufacturing/software issue.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete