Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LVC
What's DOS?
Views: 5,367
Message 31 of 47

Re: Yoga 13 mSata storage limit?

I installed a 256gb mSata SSD from crucial in the second mSata slot and my Yoga 13 did not recognize it. It was as if nothing was in the slot. How do you get the Yoga 13 to regognize a 256gb mSata SSD from crucial in the second mSata slot?

tdanbrown
SCSI Port
Views: 5,347
Message 32 of 47

Win+R to bring up the "Run" command and enter this:
compmgmt.msc

Then go to Disk Management; it should prompt you what you want to do with the drive, but you will need to format it before it will show up in Explorer.

Forgive me if you already know all of that... does nothing show up in disc management? Maybe try re-seating it? Could be a bad SSD.
pjones452
Paper Tape
Views: 5,056
Message 33 of 47

I figured out that the yoga had the extra micro ssd slot and it was ultimately the deciding factor in keeping the yoga instead of buying something like the asus w700 or the samsung ativ. This has all been fantastic information and I thank all of you for it and I wanted to add that I luckily haven't had any wifi connectivity problems but I would love to know if anyone finds a 5ghz wifi card that works in the yoga.

dennya
SCSI Port
Views: 4,967
Message 34 of 47

Short TLDR Version: How do you snap the keyboard back on solidly after upgrading the memory/SSD?

Longer Version: Question for you guys who've done this: Was the keyboard as solid after you reinstalled it?

I returned my previous Yoga due to a hardware failure (the rotation sensor would stop working after it had been on for a while) and got my new one today. I haven't added the memory/SSD to the new one yet.. But when I upgraded the previous Yoga, when I put the keyboard on, it had some "bounce" in the center -- it wasn't being held down as solidly as before.

As I looked at it, I could see some clips that looked like they snapped into the RF shield. But though I tried to press down on those spots, it was still "loose" in the center. So I figure there's some art to snapping the keyboard back on and having it be solidly held in place and not bouncy in the center. Any tips?

pjones452
Paper Tape
Views: 4,958
Message 35 of 47

I haven't had any issues with my keyboard installation but its important to slide the bottom half of the keyboard in and snap the top down, and it wouldn't hurt to put some new double sided tape on the back of the keyboard, It should feel nice and solid again. Also make sure when you install a 2nd ssd in the open pci slot to press Win+R to bring up the "Run" command and enter this: compmgmt.msc
rkurata
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,916
Message 36 of 47

When you get the keyboard off there are four notches that need to be lined up to put the keyboard back on.  Make sure those are all aatched before you snap the keyboard back on.  It is also held on by doublestick tape and depending on how much stick was taken off by taking the keyboard off, you may need to put additional tape on to make it stick the same as you got it.  I personally had no issue and did not need to replace the double stick tape.

CCrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,855
Message 37 of 47

@rkurata wrote:
I added a 256GB in the second mSATA slot for a total of 384GB. I would imagine you could replace the original with another 256GB as well to make 512GB.

You can. I installed 2x 240gb Mushkin Atlas Enhanced mSATA's in place of the factory 128 and it runs just fine. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,849
Message 38 of 47

@CCrew wrote:

@rkurata wrote:
I added a 256GB in the second mSATA slot for a total of 384GB. I would imagine you could replace the original with another 256GB as well to make 512GB.

You can. I installed 2x 240gb Mushkin Atlas Enhanced mSATA's in place of the factory 128 and it runs just fine. 

I believe I saw a recent announcement for 480GB mSATA SSDs. Now that would be some Yoga with the possibility of almost a terabyte of space under the hood! Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

CCrew
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,777
Message 39 of 47

@sarbin wrote:

I believe I saw a recent announcement for 480GB mSATA SSDs. Now that would be some Yoga with the possibility of almost a terabyte of space under the hood! Smiley Happy

Cheers!

@Yeah, IIRC they're hitting the streets in Jan @ $500 USD. OUCH!

caresrg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,872
Message 40 of 47

I am experiencing the "bouncy keyboard" also after having taken it off and re-installed it to pop in an additional SSD. Did you ever find a solution? I'm not sure more double-sided tape is the answer--I put some new tape over the old, and put a few more pieces around the perimeter. It seems like there might be something underneath the middle of the keyboard that wasn't there before, like a cable isn't resting where it should? What do you think?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors