Re: Yoga 13 model availability and options

Wow! Great news and link. Thanks for the post

gregholliday11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,677
Message 13 of 116

Lenovo,

When will the Lenovo Yoga 13 with i7, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD be available?

I want to buy the Lenovo Yoga 13, but am nearly finished waiting. 

I am not technical enough to purchase from crucial.com and install by myself. My alternative is to purchase a MacBook Pro 13 for substantially more.

Any ideas?  Thx. Greg

tdanbrown
SCSI Port
Views: 4,670
Message 14 of 116

The official Lenovo twitter said mid-November. Also, there have been a few who have inside info at BestBuy saying the updated models are in their computer system... no set date for release though. Hopefully just a couple weeks.

It's worth the wait, I bought the i5 128gb 4gb RAM model from Bestbuy, and I love it! Super build quality, amazingly bright and beautiful touch screen. 

rcbarr
What's DOS?
Views: 4,419
Message 15 of 116

I just ordered a I7/8gb Silver/Black 11/5/2012.  They are telling me I won't get it until Jan. 7, 2013 b/c of a parts shortage.  This sucks....may cancel.  All of the Best Buys in the state of Texas are sold out and from what the Best Buy guys are telling me, there are none in the warehouse or the pipe line.  HOW could you miss the Christmas opportunity.  This is the hottest Win8 laptop on the planet and you can't fill the pipeline, good grief.

nramprabhu
Paper Tape
Views: 4,375
Message 16 of 116

I ordered on 11/1  through lenovo.com i7/8GB/128GB, estimated shipping date is 1/2/2013 .... Not acceptable. I am just waiting for higher models to become available in BB , once that happen i am planning to cancel this order. If somebody from Lenovo watiching this forum , Please take note.

rcbarr
What's DOS?
Views: 4,291
Message 17 of 116

I think we are toast nramprabhu, if we won't get ours until Jan, I find it hard to believe they will be able to fill the Best Buy pipeline before us.  I am betting you won't see another Yoga until mid-december at best.  Suggest you call the ordering guys and see if you can get an earlier ship date, if you pursue it, they may move you up.  This is what I did today and they told me they would let me know within two days.

** Call Lenovo Customer Service at 866-428-4465 or email websales@lenovo.com   ( I would suggest you call).

As far as giving up, "don't".  I had one for two days, gave it to my daughter that is about to graduate with a Masters, she fell in love with it, what's a Dad to do.  For the two days I owned it, I freaking loved it.  I have researched everyone of them available, this one simply stands out.  I would go for the Dell but reviews say the frame is flimsy, I can't do flimsy.

So I wait.........albeit, not happy about it.

nramprabhu
Paper Tape
Views: 4,236
Message 18 of 116

Thanks rcbarr ...

I tried doing that through chat , but they are not budging .. Let me try again through phone. 

AlanLV
Paper Tape
Views: 4,012
Message 19 of 116

I called and they said we could order the more upgraded or orange yoga on or about the middle of November.  Expect the wait to go past the first of the year though.  Lets see if what they told me on the phone is correct

nramprabhu
Paper Tape
Views: 3,594
Message 20 of 116

Just had a chat session with them ( Regarding the ship date of my order ) , Since BestBuy is showing in Stock again (i5 models) . I wanted to cancel the Lenovo.com order , but the support person told me to hold on for 2 days , they are going to udpate the ship date ( Likely ???) . So will wait.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors