Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nramprabhu
Paper Tape
Views: 3,372
Message 21 of 116

Re: Yoga 13 model availability and options

My Order Status been updated . Shipping date as 11/14/2012 and estimated Delivery Date as 11/21. Keeping my fingers crossed.
kbi911
Paper Tape
Views: 3,151
Message 22 of 116

Hi Mine was the same i.e. estimated ship date 14th Nov and arrival estimate of 21 Nov after that update. However it is now chanaged back to Estimated ship date 18th Nov and arrival estimate of 27 Nov.

I had a chat with Lenovo and i am told that expect in January 2013 only!! Smiley Surprised

Following is chat transcript

Lenovo Chat Rep.:  That is first week January 2013.
me:  what!>
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  The Yoga will not ship out until January.
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  That is first week January 2013.
me:  this is false information
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  What is false information?
me:  the shipping tracking page says, estimated ship date is 18th and arrival on 27th Nov now, you say January. Which is false
me:  i opened chat because it was yesterday ship date 14th with estimated arrival on 21st Nov 
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  That is an just an estimated date. You can check on the web site that states that "An estimated ship date will be posted on our order status site after your order is placed. The date reflected above does not determine when your order will ship since inventory status may change before your order is final and because items may be held until all products on the order are ready to ship."
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  The order will ship out until January. Possibly before that. But the updated we have is the first week of January.
me:  ok, in that case we dont have choice but to keep tracking that page? right?
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  You can keep checking that page, if the parts are ready, then the estimated date will change.
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  Is there anything else?
me:  hmm ok...
me:  and how accurate those dates are?
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  Those are not accurate dates but estimated dates.
me:  ok
me:  there is no way it can be expedited? i mean by express shipping etc (after parts are available etc)
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  Unfortunately, we will not have that option. Once the order is placed, we will not be able to make any changes on the order
me:  as of now estimated ship date vs delivery date is about 10 days
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  As of now, we have the updates that the Yoga will not ship out until January.
me:  hmm. and the shipping page status is updated by whom?
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  By Lenovo.
me:  i understand but from dispatch location using centralized system or it is manually updated by some other department?
Lenovo Chat Rep.:  That is an auto generated date.

I am already worried! Smiley Mad - it seems they are playing tempting game to change date etc to keep you hooked!

gregholliday11
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,144
Message 23 of 116

After waiting for 6 months to buy a new computer, likely a Lenovo Yoga 13, I decided to by a Macbook Pro.  This is the first Mac that I've purchased, and I'm a 44 year old computer consultant.  

I liked the Yoga a lot; actually visited 2 Best Buy stores so that I could "test drive".  I read 100's of articles about the Yoga between CES and November.  

Here are the reasons that I bought the Mac:

* PC manufacturers seem to be "racing to the bottom" in terms of price and features, but I'm looking for a high-end machine.   

* Lenovo decided to wait to deliver the high-end version of the Yoga 13:

** Was it to position the Yoga 13 as a $1,000 computer (marketing)?

** Was it the availability of high-end parts?

** Was there a quality issue?

There were articles and blog posts  which suggested all of these questions, which reduced my interest in being one of the first to by a Yoga 13.

I may still buy a Yoga in a year, and will periodically follow this msg board, but for now, I'll be learning to use a Mac.

Good luck, and thanks to all who posted answers to my questions.  Greg

kbi911
Paper Tape
Views: 2,711
Message 24 of 116

now for my order date changed to expected shipping 22nd and delivery on 30th Nov!

Is there anyone else having similar experience or do they received tracking for 21st Nov Delivery?

ecofunkological
Punch Card
Views: 2,545
Message 25 of 116

I placed my order a few days ago and my shipping date is January 21st.  I understood there would be a 4 week* delay but I didn't realize shipping would be estimated at 9 weeks out. It's way too long to wait for my situation.  Lenovo should be more transparent with delivery estimates prior to ordering.  This is my first experience with this company and my first impression isn't good.  Companies should be upfront and honest if they want trusting and loyal customers.  

kbi911
Paper Tape
Views: 2,518
Message 26 of 116

Most of us have similar experience like you, but expect your shipping date to get updated based on what happened to our order. for my example the order ship estimated date was 8th Jan 2013, and then it was changed to 14th Nov, and now 22nd Nov with expected date of arrival at 30th Nov.

i am not too sure on the outcome but fingures crossed to see it happen and i have it on 30th.

RzDz
What's DOS?
Views: 2,405
Message 27 of 116

just for your reference.  I placed the order on 10/22.  the expected shipping date was 11/21 until 11/12 when it was updated to 11/11.  I received my unit on 11/15.

veekta
Punch Card
Views: 2,369
Message 28 of 116

just wondering, did you order the i7 version? or the i5. Has anybody even received any i7 yogas yet? I haven't heard anything about them and I'm not even sure theyre in production.
ecofunkological
Punch Card
Views: 2,312
Message 29 of 116

I ordered the i7 version.  I'll give an update to the forum if anything changes with my expected ship date. So far, it's still showing estimated ship date of 1/21/13

Edit: ordered - 11/19
BCA2812
Punch Card
Views: 2,258
Message 30 of 116

Eco, when did you place your order?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors