Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

11-11-2013

FRANCE

15 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 13 : need help to downgrade from 8.1 to win 8

2014-02-08, 23:35 PM

Hello,

I have 2 yoga 13 for my daughters, 1 in still on windows 8, and i've upgrade the other one to 8.1.

First, i found a few minor things disappointing on win 8.1 but more important, we have so many issues on the one with 8.1 that i want it to go back to win 8

I would like to format everything and install a fresh version of win 8 without any add-ons, lenovo useless stuff and without anything that slow down the laptop for mnior improvement.

And while doing this, i would like to install a multiboot with also windows 7 on this yoga 13.

We are currently travelling and i have not often access to a decent internet connection so i have not find yet a simple and step by step tutorial for downgrading from 8.1 to win 8. Most of the messages i've found so far, are about skilled people having specific issues during this downgrade.

So if you have seen a decent tutorial /message to downgrade and a decent one to install multiboot with win 7 it would realllllllllyyyyyyyy help me.

Thanks for everything.

Best regards.

Colin.

Answer
Options

137 Posts

12-08-2012

hawaii

852 Signins

3449 Page Views

• Views: 3449

Re: Yoga 13 : need help to downgrade from 8.1 to win 8

2014-02-09, 0:31 AM

I bet you just push the lenovo button, right beside the power button. I have done that myself for it's documented purpose of resetting to factory condition, although I never installed 8.1. I have seen it here suggested as a windows downgrade path, and you can look for those posts here.

It's super simple, brainless, and described in the origiinal manual found online. You will just have a bunch of microsoft upgrades 8.0 offered to you afterward, some of which are temporarily disruptive. So just push the button, restore wifi settings, reboot about 7 times to get microsoft bug fixes, and optionally download lenovo driver and bios fixes (short of 8.1).

The other fru-fru you desire sounds like a massive complication.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

137 Posts

12-08-2012

hawaii

852 Signins

3449 Page Views

• Views: 3449
  • Message 2 of 3

2014-02-09, 0:31 AM

I bet you just push the lenovo button, right beside the power button. I have done that myself for it's documented purpose of resetting to factory condition, although I never installed 8.1. I have seen it here suggested as a windows downgrade path, and you can look for those posts here.

It's super simple, brainless, and described in the origiinal manual found online. You will just have a bunch of microsoft upgrades 8.0 offered to you afterward, some of which are temporarily disruptive. So just push the button, restore wifi settings, reboot about 7 times to get microsoft bug fixes, and optionally download lenovo driver and bios fixes (short of 8.1).

The other fru-fru you desire sounds like a massive complication.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

11 Posts

11-11-2013

FRANCE

15 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 3 of 3

2014-02-18, 21:30 PM

Yes the lenovo button worked fine for downgrade to windows 8.

The laptop is now faster and have less troubles.

But a windows 7 or ubuntu otpion would be great. Next laptop i buy, i will first check that it is compatible with ubuntu or a decent version of windows.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms