Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

02-19-2014

Virginia

18 Signins

221 Page Views

• Views: 221
  • Message 1 of 7

Yoga 13 - plugged in but not charging (Please Help!!!)

2014-02-19, 2:47 AM

For some reason, my Lenovo Yoga 13 that I just got from Best Buy last week, isn't charging.  I know for sure that it was charging like it was suppose to this morning.  I closed the screen and put it into sleep mode for about 2 hours with it plugged in while I went to class, and when I came back and opened it up, I realized that it was at 31%  and saying that it is "plugged in, but not charging".  I tried a system restore to the previous day to see if that would help, but it didn't.  

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Energy Management, but that didn't help. (I wonder if I did it right?) BTW under "Battery" in Energy Management, it won't let me select "Optimized Battery Health".  I would click it, it would stay for a second, but then it would immediately switch back to "Maximum Battery Life" option.

I really don't know what else to do.  I've shut it down, restarted it, and everything.  What else is there to try?  Please help me.  I really want this laptop to work out.  I really love it and I can't get it exchanged because Best Buy no longer carries it.

Please!!

FYI,  I've already upgraded to windows 8.1.  I did the upgrade a week ago when I just go the laptop.  I don't think windows is the issue, is it?

Answer
Options

11 Posts

02-19-2014

Virginia

18 Signins

221 Page Views

Re: Yoga 13 - plugged in but not charging (Please Help!!!)

2014-02-21, 14:51 PM

Hmm, no one replied, but just incase someone sees this and is wondering how I fixed it.  I let the battery drain all the way, and then plugged it in and restarted it.  The battery has been charging like it suppose to since then.  I hope it stays that way.

Replies(6)
Answer
Options

11 Posts

02-19-2014

Virginia

18 Signins

221 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

2014-02-21, 14:51 PM

Hmm, no one replied, but just incase someone sees this and is wondering how I fixed it.  I let the battery drain all the way, and then plugged it in and restarted it.  The battery has been charging like it suppose to since then.  I hope it stays that way.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

11-29-2014

United States of America

12 Signins

94 Page Views

• Views: 94
  • Message 3 of 7

2015-03-12, 5:49 AM

Just wanted you to know that your solution worked for me.  Thanks for coming back to post.

Options

2 Posts

04-07-2015

India

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 4 of 7

2015-04-07, 6:44 AM

Hi

I have purchase Lenovo yoga 2 13.  When the laptop is charged fully and upon working for few hours it is getting heated.  Then when the power is disconnected it goes off and says 0% battery.  When it is plugged in it says plugged in, 0% battery, not charging.  After the system is turned off and cools down, the battery shows 90% even without charging again.  There are 2 issues.  1)  the system gets heated up affecting the functionality.  2) when it gets heated up though the battery is full it says 0% and goes off.  Upon cooling for a few hours the battery shows 90%. 

The BIOS was updated and it did not help.  This problem does not happen always only when the laptop is heated up.  This is a high end laptop and such serious issues will have an negative effect on the brand.  Can someone from Lenovo address this issue.

Options

3 Posts

12-22-2015

Canada

6 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 5 of 7

2015-12-28, 0:21 AM

I have a new Yoga as well and keep having major battery problems under Windows 8.1

Often, the machine doesn't recognize the battery and only works if plugged in.

Other times, the battery won't charge when plugged in and the previous posts about changing the power settings has no effect.  I've taken the machine in twice already to be serviced and it is only 7 months old.  Does anyone from Lenovo ever read these posts?  I'm really disappointed with this machine's battery and operation.  Yes, it's light and processor is fast, but I need a battery!  That's kind of the point of a notebook.

Options

4 Posts

02-14-2014

United States

8 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 6 of 7

2016-01-31, 14:41 PM
I found that if I do I hard shutdown and reboot, it resets the battery charging circuitry. I do this by shutting down normally in windows then when it is off, I press and hold the ON button until it shutdowns again when in the BIOS screen. Then I press the ON button normally and let it boot up as usual. I know it has worked when I see the BIO setup options in the lower left hand corner. In a normal reboot it won't give the BIOS setup options. Currently my Yoga 13 show 43% battery whether it's about to die or I have it plugged in for days and a hard reboot will fix it. Now if I could only fix the memory leak that I get when playing audio/video. Cheers.
Options

4 Posts

02-14-2014

United States

8 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 7 of 7

2016-01-31, 16:21 PM

Also you can go into the BIOS (F2 on boot up) and turn off the Fast Boot option and reboot regularly.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms