Israel

20 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 13 - recovery and advanced startup options not working

2013-01-23, 20:51 PM

Hi all,

When I received the shiny new yoga, I saw the disk partitions of a big C: and a small D: .

I like having a small C so I can backup it easily, so i went ahead and repartitioned it using EaseUS® Partition Master (http://www.partition-tool.com/). The operation succeded, but the patient wasn't the same anymore...

Immidiatly I got the Intel Rapid Start error, which I fixed by changing the parition id using "diskpart".

But then I tried going to safe mode, and I've noticed all the options in the "advanced startup screen" don't work anymore.. something along the lines of "your computer isn't installed correctlly... restart."

Then I tried to restore using OneKey Recovery, but I showed an error after loading the recovery enviorment of "one key partition has damaged"...

So now I have a working windows, but I can't recover it, and can't go into safe mode.

I suspect all the paritions IDs were changed as with the Intel Rapid Start partition. So I would be really greatfull if someone with a fully working yoga could write here it's partition's IDs.

I even prepared a diskpart script file to make it easy.

how to use it:

1. download the "diskpart_script.txt".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfacgcum34eglf6/diskpart_script.txt

2. go to it's directory with windows file explorer.

3. click on the toolbar File -> Open Command Prompt -> Open Command Prompt as administrator.

4. in the command window enter the following and click enter:

diskpart /s diskpart_script.txt > out.txt

5. a file "out.txt" should have been created in the same directory containing all the partition ids - copy it's content and post it here please.

You can open the diskpart_script.txt file with notepad and see it's content yourself.

To whoever helps - Thank you very much in advance!

Alex

Options

6 Posts

01-23-2013

Israel

20 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 13 - recovery and advanced startup options not working

2013-01-24, 22:31 PM
somebody please?? it's just 5 minutes of your time!
*puppy eyes*
:)
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete