Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavyBee
Not applicable
Views: 783
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 13 replacement parts

Hi, I have a faulty Yoga 13 which does not switch on and no lights are on. The last time I was using it, the battery was getting a little low so I plugged in the charger. It went dead immediately with no lights showing and I was unable to switch it on with or without mains power plugged in. I tried with 2 new chargers with no success.

So I want to find out the best way to diagnose the fault and look to replace any non working parts in the most cost effective way as I don't really want to throw the laptop away.

Which parrs are most likely to have failed and what order should I try to replace them?

Thanks

yigit
Not applicable
Views: 735
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 replacement parts

It's hard to say. It could be a cable issue which you could fix it even not buying any part or if it's a mainboard issue, it'd cost around 200-300$

I'm quite sure you have no valid warranty but you can ship your computer back to support ( Lenovo service ) for a check. They will charge around 30-50$ probably but they will exactly tell you what the problem is.

On the other hand, you can contact any local repair shop as well

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 726
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 replacement parts

Hi DavyBee,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can follow the power system checkout guide page 21-22 here.

This should help isolate power issue and probable points of failure.

Using a known good charger and testing the same charger on another device would leave you with the DC in port and cable to further check (item 18). Connecting a working charger should show power led indicator to light up and allowing it connected for 1-2 hours should allow the led to change from amber to white without turning on the laptop.

If still no power indicator consider having the dc in cable checked otherwise systemboard.

Here is also the service training guide for reference.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Regards 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors