Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mars2003
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,685
Message 1 of 14

Yoga 13 strange Fan noise

This seems a little different than the other posts about fan noise.

I got my Yoga 13 today and from the moment I turn it on it make this audible clicking sound as regular as clockwork.

There's around 10 clicks lasting for around 2 seconds, followed by six seconds of silence.

Has to be the fan as that's the only moving parts in these right?

I'm going to call customer services tomorrow.

spahner
What's DOS?
Views: 3,572
Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga 13 strange Fan noise

Did you figure out what the problem was caused by? I've got the same issue and it's driving me crazy! Thanks in advance for your reply. 

Mars2003
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,555
Message 3 of 14

I'm afraid not. I couldn't live with it and RMA'd it. I've just got my cash back and now think I'll wait for Haswell devices. :-(
floepie
Serial Port
Views: 3,524
Message 4 of 14

Apparently, there's a sticker which was peeling directly above one of the fans, as discovered by someone who dismantled the keyboard.  He removed the sticker or taped it up, and that fixed the problem.   Does that sound like what it could be?

spahner
What's DOS?
Views: 3,505
Message 5 of 14

Doesn't sound like a sticker although I suppose it could be. I ended up contacting Lenovo support a couple days ago  and they issued an RMA with prepaid shipping via FedEx. I have to backup the hard drive as they mentioned the machine will be restored to factory settings. I'm hoping this is the only inconvience for years worth of use. Fingers crossed!

diecast17
Punch Card
Views: 3,494
Message 6 of 14

This is my second Yoga, and on this Yoga the fan makes a noise whenever I move the laptop a little bit. I don't remember my other Yoga doing that at all.

It sounds like a bad bearing or something.

Does anyone else get a noise like this when the move their Yoga?
misccold
Paper Tape
Views: 3,297
Message 7 of 14

Hi,

mine started making that abnormal noise yesterday. I've had it for 2 months, it wasn't doing it before.

Today it also made a really loud noise for a while, and then went back to yesterday's "abnormal" noise. It changes if I move it.

The "loose sticker" theory seems consistent with my issue.

I called support and it's apparently handled by "Medion". After a bit of a debate, they said to email them with the proof of purchase (which is an email from Amazon EU s.a.r.l.). Then they said they "could not read the current format" (it's an email...) so I re-sent it as PDF. 

I can see they're going to give me **bleep**. Why do they have to be difficult =_=

Oh and they also asked me for my account password! It's a windows live nowadays so used for everything, **bleep**? I made a local Admin account for them.

Former Employee
Views: 3,267
Message 8 of 14

Hi all thanks for posting you concerns. I was just wondering, which version of the BIOS do you have creently installed in your machine?

Dolet meknow.

Regards
misccold
Paper Tape
Views: 3,241
Message 9 of 14

I don't know. I'm waiting for the package with instructions to send it to repair.

I'll let you know if they fix it :-/

Is this it?

LENOVO - 1
66CN54WW
INSYDE Corp. - 10000001

Former Employee
Views: 3,216
Message 10 of 14

Hi misccold,

Thanks for posting back, If you still have your machine with you, could you possibly try to update the BIOS from the link below.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS034924

hope this helps.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors