Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mricci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 24,983
Message 1 of 33

Yoga 13 touch screen "bubble" issue

Hi guys, 

So I have had a yoga 13 for about a year now (love it), however I have come across a minor issue that started occuring about 3-5 months ago. When I open up my yoga from sleep mode,  hibernation, turn it on, or restart my everything works for a couple of seconds and then randomly bubbles with about a half inch diameter start popping up, usually in a horizontal fashion across my screen from about an inch down from the top of the display. These are the bubbles I am referering to are the visual effect when a finger touches the screen and expand into boxes when the touch is held for roughly a second or longer. However these rogue bubbles seem to spawn without cause or warning, and resultingly keep me from controlling my cursor with my track pad, touch screen, or an external mouse once they appear. It is also worth noting that when I made my yoga 13 purchase I also 2 more for family members, neither of their yogas share this complication.

Though this case might seem drastic, however in reality it is small and somewhat trivial as I have found a trick that by rubbing my finger around on the touch screen eradically the bubbles dissapear and release my cursor from the binds of their possession. The problem is solved until the lid closes, sleep, hibernate, shut down, or restart, at which I am required to rinse and repeat this pesky process.

With that in mind, I am seeking help, suggestions, solutions, and possibly an exorcist for my problem. I have a image taken from my iphone demonstrating the situation however I will post that at the discretion of the forum mods or respective savior. I'm looking to solve this problem before late Janurary when my get outta jail free card insurance policy ends. Join the good fight and help me send these bubbles back to the demonic portal from which they came from. 

Edit:

It is also worth noting I have tried disabiling the ymc feature

Cheers, Gan Bei, Proost, salute

Guru
Views: 24,854
Message 2 of 33

Re: Yoga 13 touch screen "bubble" issue

Sounds like a hardware issue to me. It's getting fake touch signals probably.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

ddalrymp
Paper Tape
Views: 24,770
Message 3 of 33

I have the same problem and it's driving me nuts. I've sought out help from Lenovo on this and other issues and they've been, so far, unhelpful....

bripear
Paper Tape
Views: 24,720
Message 4 of 33

Very similar issue here.  Same bubbles, same size, same place, just not right after bringing back from sleeep mode.  Seems to happen more randomly than original poster.  Lenovo, is anyone listening here that can help out?

nightm
Fanfold Paper
Views: 24,705
Message 5 of 33

Hi, I have the same problem. I found this solution but is not for our laptop: http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/detail.page?DocID=HT079066 I searched the internet but I only found solutions for asus and ipad with the same problem. Hope someone from Lenovo will come with a solution for us too.
piefacexd
What's DOS?
Views: 24,647
Message 6 of 33

Yeah I am having the exact same issue. I'm noticing though that if you like push against the back of the screen then the bubbles sometimes go away. It's a really annoying problem, but I cant seem to find any way to fix it too. 

mricci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 24,615
Message 7 of 33

So I finally decided to try and do something about this issue, talked to tech support, and then proceeded to re-image my yoga 13 back to factory settings. The issue came back imediately and now simply won't go away. I dunno who's tree I gotta bark up but I'd really like to get some resolution on this matter. maybe I need to put a hashtag in this post or something... #pleasereadthislenovoforummods. 

Battin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 23,150
Message 8 of 33

I have the exact same problem.

The problem occured a few weeks back and it's driving me nuts. So I disabled the "HID-compliant touch screen" under Device Manager and the problem stopped. But I know that's not the solution to solve it's problem.

I did contact Lenovo Support aswell today and they too did say to reinstall Windows fresh (back to Win8). If the problem is still there, the problem is Hardware or Software related (he couldn't tell).

So I did reinstall my PC completely, but ofcourse the problem is still there Smiley Sad

If it's a problem with the screen, it would set me back €400 for a new screen. **bleep**, because my warrently is over (ofcourse, always when the warrenty is over, something stupid happends to you PC)

I'll keep looking into this problem and will report back if I find something.

1154nfin
Paper Tape
Views: 23,138
Message 9 of 33

The disabling of the touch screen in device manager currently seems to be the quick fix for this issue. I've had my Yoga 2 13 for a little over a month now and had the same issues when returning from sleep, hibernation, and restarts.

For those wondering:

-Open the device manager (Various ways to do this. If you have the "This PC" icon on your desktop, right-click and select "Properties". Select "Device Manager" from the menus in the upper left under "Control Panel Home".)

-In device manager, expand the Human Interface Devices group

-Right-click HID-compliant touch screen and click disable

-Click Yes to confirm that you want the device disabled. Close device manager.

Battin
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 23,123
Message 10 of 33

1154nfin: That's the easy version of getting rid of the problem. It just doesn't solve it.
I know, I did the same.

-----------------------

I do believe I've found the problem though. But i'm not 100% sure.

I will contact Lenovo first thing in the morning and ask about the problem I've found.
I'll keep you guys up-to-date when I found out more Smiley Happy

Bare with me as I'll try this with the customer service of Lenovo Smiley Happy.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors