Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

01-12-2013

United States

12 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 1 of 7

Yoga 13 touchscreen issues

2013-06-18, 20:46 PM

I got my Yoga back in December, and 2 weeks after that I had a lot of issues with the touch screen disabling, or the on screen keyboard not showing up and the touch pad being disabled.  That seemed to get better with an update and then a factory reset.  

Now I'm having a NEW issue. About 1 inch square boxes start appearing on my screen sometime, and when they do I can't use any of the gestures to open the side bar and etc. I have to hit the start key then type shut down in order to get it to restart.  Sometimes it just seems to go away, I *think* it happens more frequently when my battery is lower but I'm not positive that's related at all. After it goes away or I restart, everything works great. The touch screen even works when it goes a little crazy, just the Windows 8 gestures don't and there's the wierd boxes on my screen.

Anyone else have the same issue? Any thoughts? Besides this frequent and annoying issue, I LOVE this computer!

Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Views: 274727

Re: Yoga 13 touchscreen issues

2013-06-21, 14:55 PM

hi Shannon,

The turnaround time for the repair is usually quick (about a week) but this depends on the parts availability. If the repair center needs to change some parts but the items are not in stock and needs to be ordered, this might cause a delay in the repair. I recommend you give lenovo support a call for more info about the warranty repair process.

If you applied the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" fix, try to use the machine with and without the microsoft mouse and observe. If the problem remains the same, it's most likely not the one that's causing the problem.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(6)
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Message 2 of 7

2013-06-20, 23:11 PM

hi shannonlh,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

The touchscreen issue might be similar to this thread:

Yoga 13 - Touch-screen swipe gestures CONSISTENTLY don't work first time.

For the On Screen Keyboard or the Touchpad problem, check this thread:

Yoga 13 TrackPad Issues

If you still get issues on the intermittent Touch screen swipe issue, you may need to send the unit for service to upgrade the firmware - see this thread.

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

01-12-2013

United States

12 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2013-06-21, 0:46 AM

Thanks neokenchi,

I took a look at those links, the first one doesn't fit the bill.  I've had issues with getting the touchpad and on screen keyboard after wake, or coming back from tablet mode before, but that doesn't match exactly with what I see on my screen.  As for the third, I do use a USB mouse consistently with this computer - it's the Microsoft Soft Touch Arc mouse, maybe that is part of the problem?

When I send it my computer, how long till I get it back? I need it for work.

Thanks,

Shannon

Answer
Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4459 Signins

274727 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2013-06-21, 14:55 PM

hi Shannon,

The turnaround time for the repair is usually quick (about a week) but this depends on the parts availability. If the repair center needs to change some parts but the items are not in stock and needs to be ordered, this might cause a delay in the repair. I recommend you give lenovo support a call for more info about the warranty repair process.

If you applied the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" fix, try to use the machine with and without the microsoft mouse and observe. If the problem remains the same, it's most likely not the one that's causing the problem.

Hope this helps

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

01-12-2013

United States

12 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2013-06-21, 16:29 PM

Thanks for the quick replies! I think I tried it all, I was just working on the laptop and the keyboard seems to be disabled now.  Disheartening because this is still a very new computer! I'll contact support and send it in.

Options

3 Posts

06-21-2013

Germany

4 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 6 of 7

2013-06-21, 22:33 PM

My Yoga 11 seems to react on the 2nd or 3rd touchscreen touch only - quite often. Anyone else with the same problem?

Thanks

Options

9 Posts

01-12-2013

United States

12 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2013-06-25, 4:18 AM

Never had that problem - mostly I get disabled keyboard, gestures not working until I Sleep or Restart.  I started this thread because I didn't see anyone else who saw these 1 inch squares popping across their screen,

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms