Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-15-2013

Seattle, WA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga 13 trackpad and mouse stop working

2013-06-15, 16:12 PM

ive tried disabling the motion control and transition but i am still finding that the keyboard and trackpad will regularly go to sleep, but not in any reproducible manner. Putting the machine to sleep brings it back, but this particular morning in bed it has been shutting off every few minutes with no changing of configurations.

i would even be ok woth a stop gap fix of some metro tile i could tap to make the keyboard cpme back because frankly, this onscreen keyboard isnt awesome and shutting the laptop isnt always a viable option

Options

4 Posts

06-16-2013

United Kingdom

5 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 13 trackpad and mouse stop working

2013-06-16, 20:42 PM

I have not had this problem but I have a suggestion as to a possible cause - no gurantees though, but worth a try if all else fails.. 

If you look at the power options, under the advanced options I found that the minimum processor performance was set to 5%. I found this when wsome processes seemed to be taking an inordinate amount of time. I put the minimum to 100%. This will cost a bit more power but at least everything runs as fast as it can....

Options

27 Posts

12-04-2012

USA

33 Signins

315 Page Views

• Views: 315
  • Message 3 of 6

2013-06-18, 13:23 PM
I have had this problem from Day One!

Try hitting the ESC key when this happens and let me know if this unlocks the keyboard and trackpad (at least on a temporary basis).
Options

53 Posts

06-16-2013

United States of America

125 Signins

1035 Page Views

• Views: 1035
  • Message 4 of 6

2013-06-18, 16:00 PM

I have similar issue; the click function becomes inoperable.  I can move the cursor but clicking no longer responds.  There have been several threads on this issue, and I have tried most of the recommendations:  disabling the sleep feature in device manager properties; putting a shortcut to the Synaptics executable on desktop; etc.  It would be great if Lenovo and/or Synaptics would devote some resources to its solution as this issue has been around for many months.  Thank you. 

Options

27 Posts

12-04-2012

USA

33 Signins

315 Page Views

• Views: 315
  • Message 5 of 6

2013-06-18, 17:24 PM

While I have not solved this problem, I feel I have reduced the number of times it occurs by downloading the most current version of driver software directly from the Synaptics site.

I have had 6 prior ThinkPads which were excellent laptops but the support on this YOGA is dreadfull.  I believe many of the problems I have encountered should have been addressed by software fixes but they are nowhere to be found on the Lenovo site.  I am regretting not jumping over to the dark side and buying an Apple MacBook Air...I love my iPad and really don't care for Win8.

Options

3 Posts

06-15-2013

Seattle, WA, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

3 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 6 of 6

2013-06-18, 19:31 PM

I'll have to try that next time it happens. It's been not doing it for a few days now, but it seems to come and go... I'd wager it has to do with how it's being moved/held, which I get, the problem is how to get it to recognize that no, in fact, it is still in laptop mode and the keyboard should still work.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms