Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bricot
Paper Tape
Views: 1,017
Message 1 of 11

Yoga 13 - updated to 8.1 Charges 50 - 60%, battery set to Max Battery Life

I updated to 8.1 and noticed that the orange battery light now blinks all the time (about 1 per second) and the battery only charges 50 - 60% range.  I have Lenovo Energy Management enabled and set to maximize battery life (power plan=balanced). 

Tried running the Battery Gauge Reset - it ran for 10+ hours before I had to cancel it to use the laptop... how long does it take to run??

Any fixes?

Anyone roll back to Windows 8.0 with any success?

RojasTKD
Punch Card
Views: 993
Message 2 of 11

Re: Yoga 13 - updated to 8.1 Charges 50 - 60%, battery set to Max Battery Life

Try this:

@bricot wrote:

I updated to 8.1 and noticed that the orange battery light now blinks all the time (about 1 per second) and the battery only charges 50 - 60% range.  I have Lenovo Energy Management enabled and set to maximize battery life (power plan=balanced). 

Tried running the Battery Gauge Reset - it ran for 10+ hours before I had to cancel it to use the laptop... how long does it take to run??

Any fixes?

Anyone roll back to Windows 8.0 with any success?

Open the Energy Manager > click on the "menu" with three vertical lines on the upper right side > click settings and make sure conservation mode it not turned on.

If that's not the issue, than you may have a battery problem and I would exchange it is possible or contact Lenovo about warrenty repair.

RainmanP
802.11n
Views: 982
Message 3 of 11

Conversation mode is intended to extend the overall life of your battery. Keeping a battery fully charged all the time is not good for it. If you leave your tablet plugged in a lot it is best to leave Conversation Mode turned on. When you need it fully charged you can go into the same Energy Manager>Menu>Settings and turn on Express Charging to fully charge it in a little over 1.5 hours. If you use your laptop on battery most days this may not apply to you.
bricot
Paper Tape
Views: 940
Message 4 of 11

When I open Energy Management (Lenovo's utility) I get the 3 section screen - power plan, Battery, Intelligent power saver.  On the upper right is minimize ( _ ), help (?), close X.  I don't see the 3 vertical lines you are talking about...don't see any type of menu you can get into (launching by clicking on the system tray icon. The version is 8.0.2.4.

devicemanager
Punch Card
Views: 928
Message 5 of 11

Try the following:

Uninstall LEM > reboot > reinstall LEM 8.0.2.4 > set to balanced & max battery life.

bricot
Paper Tape
Views: 925
Message 6 of 11

Did that still not charging - I let the battery drain down to 5% this morning, plugged back in and its says plugged in charging but the battery indicator is still showing 5% after 2.5 hours.

RojasTKD
Punch Card
Views: 907
Message 7 of 11

@bricot wrote:

Did that still not charging - I let the battery drain down to 5% this morning, plugged back in and its says plugged in charging but the battery indicator is still showing 5% after 2.5 hours.

Well, sounds like it defective then. I would be looking into an exchange/return/repair, depending on how long you've owned the Y2P, if I where you.

RojasTKD
Punch Card
Views: 895
Message 8 of 11

@bricot wrote:

When I open Energy Management (Lenovo's utility) I get the 3 section screen - power plan, Battery, Intelligent power saver.  On the upper right is minimize ( _ ), help (?), close X.  I don't see the 3 vertical lines you are talking about...don't see any type of menu you can get into (launching by clicking on the system tray icon. The version is 8.0.2.4.

Sorry, I meant horizintal lines. I jsut realized you are talking about the Yoga 13 and I'm talking about the Yoga 2 Pro, so it might be differnt.

RainmanP
802.11n
Views: 890
Message 9 of 11

If it has been plugged in for that long and still shows only 5% either the AC adapter or the device is defective.  Did you make sure all of the connections are good?

bricot
Paper Tape
Views: 874
Message 10 of 11

Yep, I've tried 2 different power adapters.  This must be just coincidental that it occurred around the Windows 8.1 upgrade.  I did the 1 touch reset, which wipes the drive and sets back to factory defaults and it still wasn't charging.  I agree, i think its a hardware issue and I am sending it in for repair.

Thanks for the replies!

Top Kudoed Authors