Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_M
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,546
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 13 volume up stuck?

I recently got the yoga 13 and love it. I first upgrade the ram to 8gb and it worked flawlessly. I just installed a second mSata ssd (256gb) and it's recognized and works, but now the volume up key seems to be stuck... It constantly shows the volume at 100 because it thinks it's being pressed. If I hold volume down it will go down but immediately go back up as soon as I let go. Any suggestions? I've already tried taking the keyboard out and reinserting the ribbon cable but that didn't change anything.
Mark_M
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,543
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 13 volume up stuck?

I know I could probably map the key to not do anything and use the volume buttons on the side of the computer, but I'd rather fix the problem than go that route.
Mark_M
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,521
Message 3 of 5

Actually I believe the problem may be with the actual volume keys. I changed the hotkey settings in the bios and the problem persists without touching anything, so the f3/volume up key isn't the problem, but the actual volume button it seems.
Mark_M
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,513
Message 4 of 5

It turns out the very left screw under the keyboard was just a tad too tight and causing the button problem. Loosening it a little fixed my problem. Sorry for making a thread and answering my own question, but hopefully it'll help someone else down the road Smiley Happy
amrohendawi
What's DOS?
Views: 964
Message 5 of 5

thank you for posting this issue. I have the same problem with volume up and even touch pad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors