Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JC1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 322
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 13 will not boot up

Hello. For the last few weeks, I have been dealing with an issue of my Yoga 13 sometimes not waking up after I have put it into sleep mode.  I sort of ignored, as my system is out of the warranty period and I cannot afford a full-cost repair.  Today, it would not wake up from sleep mode, so as usual, I did a hard restart (holding the power button until the system turned off and then after a minute or so, powering it on normally).  This time, the hard restart did not work.  When I powered the system on, the power and caps lock, and battery lights/buttons turn on momentarily and the fan turns on, but then they all go off.  Usually after that, the power light will come back on intermittenly, along with the fan, and then go off after a while.  This will continue like this almost indefinitely. Nothing will ever show in the screen.  The battery seems to charge just fine, as the battery light recognizes whether or not the charger is plugged in and the system had a low battery light when this started earlier today, but has since charged, from having it plugged in.  I have tried the Novo button - it does the same thing as a regular power on.  I have tried these options while having the system plugged in or unplugged.  I am really stumped here and would appreciate any thoughts on what this could be.  I have seen lots of other, somewhat similar forum threads, but there is usually a detail or two that are different.

I really hope this is not the motherboard or HDD, but maybe those are the culprits.

Thank you in advance for any help!

JC1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 will not boot up

By the way, I just got off the phone with Lenovo tech support. They had me go through resetting the system several times and trying the Novo button, but since the caps lock button does not work, they said that this is most likely the Motherboard, CPU, or the LCD screen. Any thoughts on how I can narrow it down to which it might be?
JC1218
Fanfold Paper
Views: 268
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 13 will not boot up

Update: my computer came on last night, after having been off for about 8 hours.

I ran the hardware scan from the Lenovo Solution Center. All of my hardware "passed," including the processor and motherboard.  Are the individual diagnostic tests (here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovodiagnosticsolutions/tools/diagtools) different from the ones in the Solution Center? Also, are there other diagnostics that might be more detailed and catch more nuanced problems?

Thank you for any help!

- JC1218

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors