Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gallopinto123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,914
Message 1 of 10

Yoga 13 = :(

Ok everyone, I am not sure how other Yoga 13 users are doing, but I am having issues galore with mine.  It is the 4gb ram, i5, 128gb hard drive version.  

So the issues I am having:

-Computer spontaneously switches to tablet mode even though computer is on flat surface and not shaking.  This is soo convenient I tell you, because it disables my keyboard and mouse every five mins or so and the only way to get it back into notebook mode is to put it on sleep and open it back up.  In fact, I had to do this twice when writing this. 

-In addition, the screen likes to rotate spontaneously on me.  I found that the ctrl + alt + arrows will change it back, but within four or five seconds it will rotate it again.  **bleep**? 

Does anyone know of a manual switch or something of the like that will change it from tablet to notebook mode?  Would have been smart of you to add one Lenovo if not, just saying.

-On top of it's disorientation issues, when it is plugged into an outlet, it has now decided that it does not want to charge my battery anymore.   (update: just fixed this.  In the power management tool, you must change it to maximum battery life instead of optimum battery.  Optimum battery will only charge battery up to 60%)

So in all, I have an intoxicated computer who does not want to eat or drink anything.   This will only result in death if prolonged (aka returning it).

Any solutions to these problems would be very appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Hasan10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,870
Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga 13 = :(

1) Disable this service called "ymc". To do that, open control panel and type "Local services" in search box. Click on Local services, scroll down to ymc, right click > properties > stop > startup type: disabled. Restart laptop, the keyboard and mouse disabling problem should be gone forever now. Also note that disabling ymc doesn't really effect anything, your mouse and keyboard will still disable themselves when in tablet mode.

2) I don't know why your screen rotates itself automatically. Put your laptop in tablet mode, then press the auto-rotate button on the side. Disable the rotation, and now it shouldn't rotate again. Re-enable it by pressing that button once in tablet/tent modes. You can also right click on desktop, choose screen resolution, and then uncheck "Allow the screen to auto-rotate".

Gallopinto123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,758
Message 3 of 10

Yes!  THANK YOU!  Was about to blow a fuse.  So far this has been working for the past couple hours.  I'll comment back if for some reason it doesn't work with more time.  What does the ymc service even do?

hompsar
Punch Card
Views: 8,747
Message 4 of 10

I would also like to know what YMC service does as well. I am not having these problems but it would be nice to know what it is actually for so if it does occur and I use this workaround I know exactly what's going on behind the scenes.

Hasan10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,719
Message 5 of 10

I don't know myself what the ymc service does. This solution was posted in another thread which I came across when having the same problem. It had gotten so worse that my keyboard and touchpad would disable themselves at least 3 times a day, so many times embarrassing me during work presentations. I disabled the ymc service, and have had it so for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely no issues so far.

hompsar
Punch Card
Views: 8,661
Message 6 of 10

I looked it up and there isn't much on it. It's listed as Lenovo Yoga Mode Control. So that makes me feel that those with problems may try finding a way to reinstall it?

ctcannon
Paper Tape
Views: 8,470
Message 7 of 10

How did you change that battery charge option to Maximum? I can't find it anywhere.

tnoy
Paper Tape
Views: 8,006
Message 8 of 10

Thanks. it points to the problem. Sadly though, I don't think that disabling the ymc service is the best long term solution.  I just tested and it appears to me that the YMC service disables the keyboard when the yoga is in tablet and standing positions.

I've been turning off a lot of Yoga features lately.  Motion control, Intelligent touchpad... Unfortunately, I use my yoga in tablet mode often enough that I can't disable this one.  Maybe there's a way to create a batch file to restart that service though.

pmbAustin
Paper Tape
Views: 6,790
Message 9 of 10

I too have been experiencing the "random spontaneous switching from laptop mode to tablet mode" problem.  Thankfully mine switches back after just a few seconds.  But it's very annoying.

Great to hear about disabling the service.  It is kind of annoying to have the sound and notification pop up every time I fold things around, and that seems to be most of what this service does.

I would like some official word from Lenovo though... are they aware of this problem, and are they planning to push out a fix any time soon?

pmbAustin
Paper Tape
Views: 6,770
Message 10 of 10

I had to do all this too.  After a couple of weeks of being fun, suddenly today, the screen has been randomly flipping (rotating, or attempting to anyway), and the mode has been randomly switching between laptop and tablet and back.

Something is seriously wrong somewhere, if just me typing on the laptop while it's in my lap can trigger all this stuff "accidentally"... though I can't make it happen on purpose.  It's very random and spontaneous.

Disabling the service and hitting the lock seem to be working (for about an hour now, we'll see if it continues), but such things really shoudln't be required.

Ultimately, I hope there's a fix.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors