cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockette
Serial Port
Views: 191
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 2 11.6 sound not very loud even on 100%. How to fix?

Just taken delivery of a new lenovo yoga 2 11.6. nice device wish I could say the same for win 8.1.(I thought it would be an improvement on my tablet in use-ability. Just shows how naive you can be....)

Still point of this post is I am disappointed with the sound. It's not very loud and a bit muffled despite having it set to play at 100% volume in all the right settings.   I watch a lot of streaming video often while doing something else at the same time so i need it to be quite loud.  The reviews all said the sound was loud and crisp.  It's not.  

I do not appear to have a Realtek sound card  (should I?) because when I look at the "Enhanced"  sound options in Settings, it only shows a single line with a Disable all sound effects option.. Nothing about equalisation. Also I have looked at the Dolby setting and it does not appear to be enabled (which some comments said was the cause of the problem).

So am thinking of getting some external speakers. Anyone done this and succeeded?  I am a bit nervous as it appears the audio jack can be a bit fussy and I might end causing more problems for myself.Or  is it perhaps a Windows 8.1 issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors