Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pabsite
Paper Tape
Views: 730
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 2 11 - Auto-rotation locked

Hello,

I upgrade to Windows 10 ver 1511 last WE. Every thing seems to be ok, except that auto-rotation.

In notification center, option is grey (so not available).

I've already install all drivers available on Lenovo site.

In mobility center, screen part, check box can be checked, but selection is not saved and reset at each start-up

Side Pushbutton as no effect and Manual Rotation is working with ctrl-Alt--> keys

Any Ideas?

Thanks

blero
WWAN
Views: 700
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 2 11 - Auto-rotation locked

Hello,

Everything you say is true... but only in Desktop Mode, in my case.

So I guess it's normal, and I prefer it like that.

pabsite
Paper Tape
Views: 691
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

You're right : If I start in Tablet or tent mode, it works.

So finally, no problem, just some confusion about new OS .

Thanks for answer

kbirger
Paper Tape
Views: 631
Message 4 of 6

Experiencing the same thing. I do not see how this is an answer though. If something used to work, and now you have to go through special steps like going into tablet / tent mode explicitly, that's called being broken.

blero
WWAN
Views: 624
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Well, you could as well consider it was broken before...

I personnally can see no need to rotate the picture when in Desktop Mode. It was happening eventually accidently when passing the PC to somebody to give a better look. I'm happy not to have to bother about this little annoyance anymore. So I consider a bug has been fixed.

Highlighted
Greggo
Paper Tape
Views: 35
Message 6 of 6

NO, THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED! This laptop must be able to rotate without changing to tablet mode, and I am saying this because your comment here marks the thread as "solved", which is wrong. Changing to tablet mode is NOT a solution because it's a different mode with half the functionality. What if you want to rotate the screen and have more vertical screen space and working on it using bluetooth keyboard+mouse??  I have rotation issue with my Yoga 730 - 15" and when I am searching for solution I see these fake "solved" threads and they are wrong - chaging to tablet mode is not a solution! The laptop must be able to rotate in desktop and tablet mode! Unmark this thread as "solved" because it is not solved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors