Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-11-2014

Denver, Colorado

12 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 11 Sound and Touchscreen Issues

2014-04-11, 21:05 PM

Just got a new Yoga 2 11 and generally happy with it, but:

Problem One: The sound sometimes just fails for a while ... sound just stops, then starts again, then stops again. This happens both with the speakers and when using earbuds. This happens even when the computer is mostly idle (doing nothing but playing music, for instance). It happens with multiple software-sources for the sound (games, music player, etc).

Problem Two: I let the computer do some installing and downloading with the lid closed, and when I opened the lid again, there was a spot on the touch-screen that was going a bit spastic ... constantly drawing tiny selection rectangles and showing that "ghost" that the screen gets when you touch it ... but nobody was touching it. When I tried to use a mouse, that same spot on the screen would "steal" the mouse-pointer and prevent me from doing things. The problem eventually faded, but while it was there I noticed that it corresponded exactly to the warmest spot on the keyboard (the flat area to the right of the touchpad), which had gotten noticeably warm while the computer had been working on the downloads and installs. The problem faded as the system cooled down, so it seems likely that excessive warmth managed to confuse the touch-screen (though I'm not sure how, since I assume it's capacitive and doesn't respond to heat).

Options

4 Posts

04-11-2014

Denver, Colorado

12 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 11 Sound and Touchscreen Issues

2014-04-13, 4:00 AM
Update: Sound now seems to be failing completely.
Options

4 Posts

04-11-2014

Denver, Colorado

12 Signins

47 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 11 Sound and Touchscreen Issues

2014-04-13, 4:51 AM

Finally got in touch with the hidden tech support. Tech support accessed computer remotely and confirmed that the hardware must be at fault ... and yet I can't get a refund or exchange, despite this thing being less than a week old. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? This was my first and last Lenovo purchase. What a **bleep**ing ripoff.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms