Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nwill
Paper Tape
Views: 948
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 11 Start up is very slow - Questions on start up processes running

I found this file and a few others in the start up registry that concern me. Biggest issue is it looks like it is giving a "Anonymous User" full permissions potentially allowing them to access my computer.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Lenovo Transition\Transition.exe

Can anyone tell me if this file is safe or should I disable it and remove it.

ThanksLenovo File Security View.jpg

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 903
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 11 Start up is very slow - Questions on start up processes running

From Microsoft:

a)      Is the computer connected to Domain network?

b)      Do you share files between computers?

c)       Do you have more than one computer in your house that shares the same internet connection by using a Router?

d)      Do you have files or a printer that is shared on this computer?

When your computer is connected to network or if you have shared a devices, files or folders between the computers you will get Anonymous Logon.

You can also refer to below link for assistance.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

That's copied from Microsoft.  I'd go on to ask if your computer spends any time away from your home or work networks. If so, you might consider re-doing your file-sharing settings or just turning sharing off when you're away from your home network.

NOW, as for the slow startup, there could be a number of reasons. For example, I have several internal and external hard drives connected to my desktop. Without those, it boots in seconds. With those connected, each one has to spin up to Windows' satisfaction before the boot process can continue. That adds a minute or more to my boot times. Not to mention all the other USB toys I have connected from time to time. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors