Chicago

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 11 Touchscreen Sporadically Stops Working

2015-01-23, 18:08 PM

Hey all,

Periodically, the touchscreen on my Yoga 2 11 up and stops working.  There are various levels of "not working"... first it might lose some sensitivity, then it will only complete certain actions (like, I will be able to scroll a bit on a page but not click something on the touchscreen), and finally it might just stop working all together.  I have a hunch that this may be related to a touchpad issue... occasionally when using the touchpad, the cursor will get "stuck" somewhere on the screen as though the screen is being touched at the same time, and it won't "release" until I do touch the touchscreen and jiggle the cursor around a little.  (BIZARRE.)  It does sometimes feel as though the touchpad and touchscreen are fighting with each other.

I've seen some other threads, but I have not noticed this issue being tied to restarting, or to using USB devices, or to a system update (it came with Win 8.1) or to installing new software.  Quite frankly, I've been having this issue almost since I got the machine, but it was barely noticeable/rare at first and I didn't think much of it.  However, it has gotten progressively worse. 

I am at my wits' end, especially because I can't see a pattern or predict when I will start having trouble.  The day before yesterday I was having trouble, then with no changes on my part, the touchscreen began working perfectly last night, and is fine this morning as well.

Any input would be much appreciated.  I really do not want to have the whole laptop replaced.

Options

1 Posts

11-13-2019

US

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 11 Touchscreen Sporadically Stops Working

2019-11-13, 21:30 PM

After updating to 1903 my touchpad became unresponsive

I got it partly fixed this is how I did it. 

download the last update from the support page but don't install it yet save it somewhere you can find it 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-11-notebook-lenovo/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Mouse,%20Pen%20and%20Keyboard

You will need an external mouse for this 

Make sure you have the external mouse plugged in and it's working otherwise you can use the touch panel but it's very hard to do

Next Go to serch and type in device manager and open the device manager controll panel open the dropdown for mice and other pointing devices right click it and uninstall. The computer will ask you to reboot go ahead but once back into windows it will ask to reboot again don't at this point run the installer for the mouse.

This got the touch pad working again but my buttons still arn't working. 

Any Ideas?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete