Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 9,336
Message 11 of 44

Re: Yoga 2 11 USB boot

Hi cydnax,

Thanks for posting back. Now sure if thhos would be of help too, but certainly worth a try here. Upon booting your machine, could you press the F12 until you get a boot menu. Does the USB boot display there?

@ Dom2854873,
Thanks for posting your concerns. To be honest its still to soon to consider the machine as faulty but I'm not ruling out the possibilities. As far I know and what I've been informed I believe we have not cut off Legacy mode from the BIOS. But let me check up on this.

Regards
cydnax
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,328
Message 12 of 44

Hi NINE,

Thanks again for the idea. Unfortunately this did not work and still only displays the windows boot option.

Regards

Former Employee
Views: 9,320
Message 13 of 44

Hi cydnax,

thanks for posting back. Not really sure what's happening here, but let me get back to you on this. I'll need to consult the teams on this matter.

Regards
cydnax
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,306
Message 14 of 44

Hi NINE,

Thanks for looking into this. I really appreciate your help.

Regards
Dom2854873
Punch Card
Views: 9,296
Message 15 of 44

To be clear, we talked with cydnax in this topic (link).

As I understand cydnax situation looks like this 

http://postimg.org/image/3npvio0ql/

In my Yoga 2 11 it look like this

http://postimg.org/image/fr39r0ri5/

Both we can't boot USB and Legacy Mode

I think, the correct BIOS should look like this

http://postimg.org/image/ogff47285/

cydnax
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,274
Message 16 of 44

Hi,

I have managed to boot Ubuntu from a usb stick. This was achieved by creating a usb sick with the 64bit verison which is actually UEFI compatible.

So this is some progress for me. At least I can now do what I need to do but this still leaves the question of legacy booting unanswered.

Dom, would this resolve your issue or ae you trying to do something other than boot to Linux?

grgdgregqreg
What's DOS?
Views: 9,161
Message 17 of 44

Sorry my english is not very well. Yesterday i bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 11. Windows 8 is preinstalled and i want to install a Linux Distrobution. I try it with an extern DVD Player on the USB Port and with a USB bootable USB-Stick. But i see never a USB Medium in the Bootlist.

Secure Boot is off. And i try different Solutions out from this forum, but nothing worked.

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in

grgdgregqreg
What's DOS?
Views: 9,152
Message 18 of 44

My Bios looks like the Bios from "Dom" http://postimg.org/image/fr39r0ri5/

CarrDylan52
What's DOS?
Views: 8,747
Message 19 of 44

I have the same issue as others! My bios looks just like "Dom"s bios; Though i have version 1.08. Maybe i can downgrade to your working BIOS? I can't find any solutions and it has been killing me for like over a week now! Please walk me through it!

I am trying to dual boot the pre-installed Windows 8.1 with OpenSUSE Gnome. I already partitioned the hard drive and everything for the dual booting. I just can't seem to get it to boot via usb anymore! It booted from usb like 3 times, but when i tried to run linux off of it, it failed in startup and just said 'rebooting in 120 seconds' and then it rebooted into windows. Every time after that happened, It was like the laptop didn't know that the USB was even in. I have tried it on other computers and the USB installation works flawlessly. I am contemplating trying to return this laptop.

dafzuka
Paper Tape
Views: 8,619
Message 20 of 44

Any progress on this? I also can't boot from a USB drive and I'm unable to change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy. My BIOS version is v1.06 and I don't have the "OS Optimized Defaults" option under the exit tab, as a few others have posted.

This is especially frustrating for me because my Windows install AND my recovery partition are dorked up. Lenovo sent me a recovery USB drive, but I can't boot from it because of these BIOS settings! Their solution is for me to mail it in for repair which is fine, but I still wish there was some way to change that BIOS setting.....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors