Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OkieInCO
Paper Tape
Views: 186
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 11 - Windows 10 Constant Failed Updates

I have spent far too many hours with Microsoft trying to solve this issue. They have remotley accessed our Lenovo Yoga 2 11 and made many registry changes, without success. Finally, they told me it's an issue with Lenovo, and that a patch needs to come from Lenovo. That sounds highly unlikely. But, I'm just repeating what I was told by a MS tech. The end result is my wife's laptop annoyingly reboots in the middle of her work, and in the end doesn't even update. It's an endless and frustrating cycle. Please help!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 168
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 11 - Windows 10 Constant Failed Updates

I guess it would depend on why it's rebooting. Does she get any message when this happens? Does she get the screen that says "restarting" or does it just go black? What all did MS have you try?

If it's Windows Update hanging, there are a number of fixes for that.  But if MS had had you do all kinds of things, it might be best to just wipe the thing, reinstall Windows and start over. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
OkieInCO
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 11 - Windows 10 Constant Failed Updates

It's rebooting as part of the Windows 10 scheduled updates, and we can't force it to stop (searching on the subject, we found that Windows has removed the option for users to disable automatic updates). It doesn't even give us an option to postpone the reboot/update. The MS techs all went into the registry and changed many entries. It took them so long, I walked away from the computer. So, I can't tell you exactly what they did. Reinstalling Windows should be the very last resort. MS insists this is a Lenovo issue that needs to be pushed out as an update. But, we've waited plenty long enough for that to have happened by now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors