Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GPBrown
Paper Tape
Views: 335
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 2 11: Wireless Mouse Dongle Depletes Laptop Battery

If I power down my Yoga 2 11 with the wireless mouse dongle connected, it discharges my battery. After 12 hours the battery drops from 100% to 76%. If I remove the mouse dongle the battery charge stays at 100% after 12 hours.

I've also seen that the laptop never sleeps when the wireless mouse is connected.

My Yoga 2 11 is only 2 weeks old. I had Lenovo support check the computer and they could not find anyway to fix the sleep or battery drain problem.

I returned the computer to Best Buy and got a replacement. It behave exactly the same as the first one. 

If I use a wired mouse, the computer works perfectly.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 333
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 2 11: Wireless Mouse Dongle Depletes Laptop Battery

device manager> right click on the device in question> properties> power management> Allow this device to sleep.

GPBrown
Paper Tape
Views: 328
Message 3 of 7

There is no 'Allow this device to sleep' property. There is only 'Allow this device to wake the computer'. I've tried enabling and disabling this property. In neither case will to computer ever timeout and sleep. I'll try disabling this property and see if that affects the battery discharge overnight.

There is one other property for the HID-Compliant Mouse. It's 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. That property is unchecked and disabled.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 308
Message 4 of 7

@GPBrown wrote:

There is no 'Allow this device to sleep' property. There is only 'Allow this device to wake the computer'. I've tried enabling and disabling this property. In neither case will to computer ever timeout and sleep. I'll try disabling this property and see if that affects the battery discharge overnight. --->Disable this!

There is one other property for the HID-Compliant Mouse. It's 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. That property is unchecked and disabled. --->ENABLE THIS ONE FOR SURE!!!!

GPBrown
Paper Tape
Views: 297
Message 5 of 7

'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' is unchecked and disabled. It can't be checked, the control is disabled!

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 291
Message 6 of 7

Then go to the driver's settings and see if disabling Wireless Multimedia Extensions (WME) helps.

GPBrown
Paper Tape
Views: 278
Message 7 of 7

Unchecking 'Alow this device to wake the computer' seems to have fixed the battery drain problem. I left the mouse dongle in and powered down overnight. There was no loss of battery charge. Previously it dropped to 75%. Thank you. This was the bigger of the two issues for me.

I'm still left with the computer not sleeping after the timeout has expired when the wireless mouse is connected. I looked for WME in the driver proerties and didn't see anything. Can you clarify how to disable WME?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors