Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

08-11-2014

Florida

19 Signins

220 Page Views

• Views: 220
  • Message 61 of 68

Re: [Yoga 2 11] battery discharge when turned off

2014-10-15, 2:22 AM

I also did that batery firmware update yesterday. Let's wait a few days and see.

Options

11 Posts

09-24-2014

USA

9 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 62 of 68

2014-10-16, 3:50 AM
I threw in the towel (metaphorically) on Monday and shipped the unit to Lenovo service center in Texas. Let's see what happens.
Options

17 Posts

06-24-2014

Argentina

15 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 63 of 68

2014-10-16, 12:45 PM

I was testing the battery firmware update. SUCCESS!! The battery still works for about 3 or 4 hours instead of the promissed 6 hours, but the behaviour when you turn off is the expected one. 

Options

11 Posts

09-24-2014

USA

9 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 64 of 68

2014-10-25, 18:38 PM

So it was the battery.  Shipped unit 13 Oct, had it back 20 Oct.  Lenovo suport was easy to work with.  I charged it to 100% and turned off.  After one day still at 100%, turned off again and after 5 days of sitting unused it was at 84%...Which is not really impressive but better than it was.

So if you have a similar problem send it back under warranty for a new battery (it is inside the unit so they will not ship you the battery).  If you think a 3% per day battery drain when shut off is too much don't buy one of these, unless that is our "new normal."...

Options

2 Posts

08-25-2015

United States

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 65 of 68

2015-08-25, 21:47 PM

Is there a solution for this problem.  Even when I shut my Yoga 2 Pro down, if it is unplugged the battery still drains. Looking for a solution so I can travel with this thing and not have to be near an outlet.  Thanks

Options

40 Posts

11-28-2011

usa

41 Signins

165 Page Views

• Views: 165
  • Message 66 of 68

2015-09-04, 20:15 PM

searching around the web, MANY Yoga 2 users have this problem, and I suspect 5 times that number don't know they have the problem because they do not have to depend on the battery.

If you are reading this, please run a powerconfig report and you will see what I mean.

Open a Elevated command prompt, type "   powercfg -energy " [without those quote marks], then leave the window open and just use the system for a couple of minutes.  it will generate a report and tell you where it stashes [in the C:\windows\system32 folder]  - you will need to copy that file and paste it to desktop or someplace you full permissions to.  then open it and take a look.  not pretty.  especially not pretty under Windows 10.

i have an idea but don't know how to implement: instead of chasing 10 or 20 individual issues [which is what all the noise is about on the web], how do we write a script that will methodically Shutdown every single component in the system with no exceptions????  

Options

2 Posts

08-25-2015

United States

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 67 of 68

2015-09-04, 20:35 PM

thanks.  It just amazes me that right out of the box we have this problem.  I upgraded to windows 10 and it seems to have gotten worse.  Now when I shut down, I make sure I hold the side button in to essentially do a hard shut down and that seems to have solved the problem.  This will be my first and last lenovo product

Options

1 Posts

01-26-2017

Australia

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 68 of 68

2017-01-26, 3:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've had this problem too and have been on about a dozen forums and tried all sorts of things (some of them complicated and some of them relatively simple). I can't say this will work for all scenarios but it has worked for me. After having my Lenovo 2 Yoga (Windows 8.1) for 2 years, I am FINALLY able to leave it overnight and almost all the charge is retained from the last time I used the computer.

I've personally found that this is more to do with what Windows 8.1 is telling the computer to do and have tried many combinations. So here's the exact combination that's worked for me (bear in mind the Lenovo Energy Manager aspect may not be relevant to the overall picture, but the setting I've chosen gives me much greater battery life when the computer is actually in use):

• Lenovo Energy Manager - set to Green Mode
    Windows Power Options / Choose what the power options do:
    "When I press the power button": Shut down (choose this option for both 'On battery' and 'Plugged in' settings)
    "When I press the sleep button": Sleep (choose this option for both 'On battery' and 'Plugged in' settings)
    "When I close the lid": Sleep (choose this option for both 'On battery' and 'Plugged in' settings)
    Also while in the Power Options screen, if given the option, choose Green Mode - this can be found under the Choose or Customise a Power Plan options (this may already be set from the Lenovo Energy Manager overriding the Windows Power Options, but if not, set it manually here to Green Mode aswell).

Summary:
What I've found is that for some strange reason, having the computer in Sleep mode when you're not using it, drains less battery power than the Shut Down mode - which beggars belief! But I've absolutely found that to be the case with my computer and software combination. As an added measure (and this may be pointless), I always put it into Sleep mode before I shut the lid (even though I've configured the settings to put it to "Sleep" when I close the lid anyway). Another advantage of this (although not the intention) is that my computer always springs back into action super fast whenever I need to use it and whatever apps / programs I had open are ready and waiting at a moment's notice. I've been trying to resolve this for so long and have been so frustrated I was just about ready to launch this computer out of the window - but I'm glad I persisted! Hope this helps. Would love your feedback!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms