Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sairisin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,686
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 2 11 battery swelling

So I bought my yoga 2 11 in 10/14 and used it very lightly compared to my desktop.... it is now 01/17 and while using the device unplugged from the power source cord and with proper ventilation ...the battery started to swell.... the keyboard is humped up in the middle and the back/bottom panel is also humped out... concerned I placed my hand on the bottom when I noticed it and it was not hot/warm... took it to the store we bought it from and was told by their tech support that they believe the battery is about to explode/catch fire (they won't look at it now bc of safety) and to contact lenovo about a possible new recall or a faulty battery.... called in and was told that I'm out of warranty (which I knew). I am concerned that the battery did not simply stop charging or the lap top just stopped turning on. The real safety issue here is that everything still works! 

The IT department at Best Buy where I bought this device recommended that Lenovo would want to see this issue ASAP! This might be cause for a recall on this generation by your company. I know there is a history of battery recalls in 2012 with its predecessor 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,617
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 2 11 battery swelling

I agree with Best Buy, the battery could explode or start leaking, so I would call Lenovo Support immediately since it is not a safe situation.  

Lenovo Support

1-877-4-Lenovo, 1-877-453-6686

Sairisin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,611
Message 3 of 5

Am currently waiting for a call/email promised by lenovo call center that I was directed to after speaking to 4 representatives...they responded that bc it is out of warranty they wouldn't be able to help us...so we asked for the call to be escalated... at that point is when we were told they would contact us. That was today 1/17/17. They said we can expect a response within 3 business days. We're looking forward to hearing what they have to say about this potential safety issue in one of their products. We will post an update on 1/21/17
Sairisin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,590
Message 4 of 5

So I'm very disappointed in the service I am receiving from lenovo... they promised me via email to call to discuss the problem... just received an email telling me again that I am out of warranty  (which I know and am not calling about) and that's it...I am requesting to speak with a qualified and concerned representative of Lenovo technical support about this SAFETY and possibly RECALL issue... the battery has not failed... it is swollen but the computer still turns on and works...it also still charges... if I had not noticed the swelling at the time this happened and plugged it up to charge while my pregnant wife was taking a nap it could have exploded and burned the house down with her in it... this is a safety issue for a 2 year old laptop that I cannot in good conscience keep a secret... I know several people who have these and may possibly be hurt like with the Samsung recall... please contact me I have sent several response emails with my phone number to what seems like an automated email with no contact information in it.

GI2020
What's DOS?
Views: 1,261
Message 5 of 5

Did LENOVO ever get back to you? I have the same issue ... my Yoga 2.11 just had the same issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors