Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RoxanneD
Paper Tape
Views: 874
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 11 need to downgrade to original Windows 8.1 or maybe Chrome

Purchased this beautiful little Yoga 2 years ago in Jan 2015. Kept getting the upgrade notice for Win 10. Finally broke down and upgraded. I HATE IT! I have not used this computer after spending the money except to turn on once in a while and get the latest files from Window.

Please, is it possible to take this back to the original Window 8.1? If not, can I put Chrome on it? I want to be able to use what I pade for and it's just sitting here.

I would truly appreciate any ideas or info you have. Thank you.  It's been out of warrenty for over a year already and such a waste.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 801
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 11 need to downgrade to original Windows 8.1 or maybe Chrome

Hi  RoxanneD, 

You can do a factory reset using Onekey Recovery. This will delete every thing on the computer and revert back to windows 8.1. This should work as long as you did not format the harddrive when you upgraded to windows 10. 

Here's the guide on how to use OneKey Recovery :  https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/documents/ht077084

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
RoxanneD
Paper Tape
Views: 798
Message 3 of 4

I hope this will work. I will check the computer later today. If it's there, it will be wonderful. I remember when they pushed the Win 10 upgrade, they said you had to decide within a month whether to return to the old version. I have a feeling that this cleared it out.  I made a backup of the computer before I ran the upgrade.  I don't know if that will help if your suggestion doesn't.

Anyway, I'm thrilled that you responded. I really am working blind here.  Thank you and I will let you know if it works.

Roxanne

RoxanneD
Paper Tape
Views: 790
Message 4 of 4

Ok, I did as you said and IT WORKED! Thank you!!!!  I would give you 100 stars if I could. I appreciate your help so much.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors