Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iamrinswind
Paper Tape
Views: 682
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2-13 Battery not charging and Touch Screen not working

Hi, Hoping someone can help.

I have a 3 year old Yoga 2-13, it was the laptop I have ever had until this happened.

It was a Windows 8 install and upgraded to Windows 10 with no issues.

Sometime last year it stopped charging and I assumed it was an old battery, so lived with it for a while.   Tried a new battery and charger.  Sometime around the battery charging stopping the touch screen also stopped.

The battery icon in the tray says "plugged in, not charging"  occasionally it does charge for short periods.  If I unplug the AC adaptor it dies with in a few seconds.

If I disable the ACPI in the Device manager it will run on battery for a bit longer, sometimes 5 or 10 minutes

There is a constant issue in the device manager in the USB section  "unknown usb device descriptor request failed"  Nothing except the AC adaptor is plugged in.

A few days ago when starting up the laptop appeared to do an update of sorts (blue screen with a circle spinning timer) then started up and the battery was charging and the touch screen was working.  The "USB" issue in the device manager was gone.  I allowed the battery to fully charge then unplugged AC adaptor, it ran for a few hours on battery, then again worked for an hour the following day.  Then it shut down without warning, straight to blank screen and off.  Since then both the battey and touch screen are not working again.

I have tried all Driver checks and updates that I can find, but nothing ever seems to need updating.  Tried Lenovo Service Bridge, stated everything is ok.

If anyone can help this woudl be amazing as its such a good laptop that appears to be failing me on a Driver / Software issue.

Thank you

KDSM
What's DOS?
Views: 627
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2-13 Battery not charging and Touch Screen not working

I have had this problem for about 10 months now and have had no resolution even from Lenovo helpdesk. Best thing is it started about a month after my warrenty ran out. If there is anyone out there who has been able to find a solution please respons.

kwolf8
What's DOS?
Views: 498
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2-13 Battery not charging and Touch Screen not working

A few weeks ago I had the same exact issue. I took it to a computer store and they ordered me a new battery, which did not solve the problem. They also did driver updates and even updated me from Windows 8 to Windows 10 to see if that would help. They called to tell me that updated to 10 solved the problem but when I brought it home, my laptop died right after I turned it on.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue please help! Seems like there is no solution so far Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors