cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AVCarter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,384
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 13 Black Screen with Cursor after Login Wireless Mouse Issue?

My new Yoga 2 13 (I7  Hybrid Disk, Windows 8.1) frequently reverts to a black screen with working curser after user password has been entered at startup.

The machine is working in the background and CTRL/Alt/Delete will bring up the menu allowing access to Task Manager etc.

Shutting down and restarting eventually fixes the issue until the next time. Bios and patches are up to date.

There are many reports of this type of problem for Windows 8 for all types of machines, but no one appears to have a definitive fix.

I noticed that the machine starts correctly (at least it has not failed yet) if I unplug the Logitech wireless mouse dongle.

Has anyone else had this scenario or similar?

Highlighted
Fred-P
What's DOS?
Views: 2,194
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 13 Black Screen with Cursor after Login Wireless Mouse Issue?

I have the exact problem.

I reset the computer 3 times this week and I have again the problem.

My quest is the hard drive problem

@AVCarter wrote:

My new Yoga 2 13 (I7  Hybrid Disk, Windows 8.1) frequently reverts to a black screen with working curser after user password has been entered at startup.

The machine is working in the background and CTRL/Alt/Delete will bring up the menu allowing access to Task Manager etc.

Shutting down and restarting eventually fixes the issue until the next time. Bios and patches are up to date.

There are many reports of this type of problem for Windows 8 for all types of machines, but no one appears to have a definitive fix.

I noticed that the machine starts correctly (at least it has not failed yet) if I unplug the Logitech wireless mouse dongle.

Has anyone else had this scenario or similar?

AVCarter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,189
Message 3 of 4

Somewhat stragely, my black screen on sign up problem has disappeared (touch wood). In the end the wireless USB mouse dongle was a red herring.

I can only asume that some Microsnot patch has fixed or reduced the problem. 

glag
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,506
Message 4 of 4

I have the same issue with Ubuntu 16.04 installed.  After logging after startup, I get a black screen with cursor working in hortizontal direction only (cursor is leaning towards the top of the laptop screen).

However, if I plug an external monitor on the HDMI port, I get both screens working.  This is probably because I had two screens connected to begin with.  This problem did not happen prior to having an external monitor plugged in.

My laptop is the Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK (no touch screen).  BIOS Version CDCN30WW.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors