cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BWarren
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 13 - HDMI and brightness keys lost functionality after Windows 10 update on 16NOV

I'm looking for some help with getting my computer to function correctly after loading the following Windows 10 updates last night:

Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB4011188) 32-Bit Edition

2017-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4049011)

2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048954)

2017-11 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048951)

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553204) 32-Bit Edition

After I rebooted Windows with the updates, I was surprised to find that I could no longer use my external HDMI display or turn the display brightness of my Lenovo screen up/down.   I checked the display driver, and it was last updated eight months ago, 3/28/17, and there are no new updates available.  I went to Lenovo's support website and checked for updated drivers and software, but it said I was up to date.  I also ran the diagnostic scan from their website, and it said everything checked out good.  I have a 13" laptop because I use an external monitor at home, so doing work on this screen is difficult especially at full brightness.  Please, help!

Thanks,

BW

Highlighted
BWarren
Paper Tape
Views: 290
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 13 - HDMI and brightness keys lost functionality after Windows 10 update on 16NOV

I spent 6 hours last night and this morning with the MS help chat techs taking over my computer to check for driver updates, reload windows to ver 1703, roll back display and keyboard drivers, run a hardware troubleshooter and memory diagnostics, cycle display driver to the generic MS driver and back to the Intel HD driver, and reload Windows to ver 1709.
This morning I saw another post that this happened to others because the generic monitor was disabled in device manager. Mine was enabled so that, in particular, didn't help, but it led me to go back to Lenovo's website and see if they had an update to the monitor driver vice the generic PnP one I had. Lenovo's automatic system update checker no longer works, likely because of all the things the techs turned off, so I redownloaded the display and video graphics driver and ran it anyway.  While running it, the update told me that I already had a more up-to-date driver installed, but the tech I had on chat told me to run it anyway.

Everything is back!

Now, I'm going to retry the windows and lenovo updates to see if it all stays in place or if I have to do this all over again...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors