Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dario1982
What's DOS?
Views: 2,000
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 13: Update Bios to 1.7 on Windows 10

Hi all,

I want to update the bios of my new Lenovo Yoga 2 13 from v1.15 to v1.17 (96CN31WW) but I see that the only available update is for Windows 8 and 8.1.

Can I use it also on Windows 10? Has anybody already tried to install it on W10? If not, do I have any other chance to update the Bios without reinstalling Windows 8?

Thank you!

Anonymuser
Paper Tape
Views: 1,946
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 13: Update Bios to 1.7 on Windows 10

Hey !

I tried this since my USB 3.0 can not power enough my Storejet 1To (it connects then disconnects every 5 seconds) but it did not work and I lost my Wifi broadband card doing this.

Not recommended I guess.

I had to restore Windows 8.1 and I am still stuck with this USB problem.

Regards

Dario1982
What's DOS?
Views: 1,716
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks for the reply.

I've checked again in the Lenovo support page and when I select "Windows 10 (64 bit)" the bios update appears. From my understanding it could work but in the readme.txt I still read that it works on Windows 8 or 8.1 only.

Can anyone from Lenovo Support please confirm me that the Bios update is not compatible with Windows 10? When will be released a new version for Windows 10? I'm waiting since too long time for this update.

Thank you!

blero
WWAN
Views: 1,697
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I'm not from Lenovo support, but I will confirm anyway...

- this BIOS update is just a program. Programs that work with Windows 8 usually work with Windows 10. If they don't and fail, no big deal, they just fail.

The actual process of BIOS updating (the sensitive part of the update) happens right after a reboot, when Windows is not involved in any way.

- Lenovo support page offers Windows 10 users this BIOS update. Most people don't read the Readme (the one with the obsolete Windows 8 mention you noticed), and it seems nobody reported any BIOS update problem (to my knowledge).

So, there is absolutely no risk using this update for Windows 10 users.

Lenovo just needs to update the Readme.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors