Betreff: Yoga 2 13 Wireless Card Unauthorized Message

How does one read the BIOS?

THanks

Emmerx
Token Ring
Views: 3,587
Message 42 of 447

The version or the source code of the BIOS?

By starting the Yoga with the Novo button (right side) and choosing BIOS in the menu you are able to see the BIOS version.

I posted the BIOS version 1.09 (96CN23WW) in my Dropbox
whoami1975
Punch Card
Views: 3,585
Message 43 of 447

Hi Emmerx

That sounds really good ... so the only thing I need is this newer BIOS version ... maybe this version will show up in the near future ... and then get rid of this whitelist nonesense (my opinion)

Thanks for a little hope ;-)
Skibumwi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,570
Message 44 of 447

Source code...

Emmerx
Token Ring
Views: 3,560
Message 45 of 447

Just ask Lenovo for their sources ...

Asking them to compile an installer with the code of V1.09 might be more effective and efficient.
whoami1975
Punch Card
Views: 3,525
Message 46 of 447

Hi oilerlord

It seems I've been reading too much about v1.05 BIOS versions .... I realized that I already have v1.09 and I can definitely say that with this version the "standard" AC 7260 isn't allowed.

Next I downloaded the BIOS update file for the pro version and extracted the tools from the executeable (Innoextract).

After this I was able to do a backup of my BIOS (Insydeflashx64) ... the resulting file is 8.388.608 bytes of size

Does someone have a good connection to the BIOS mod gurus to ask them to remove the whitelist?

Here is the link to the extracted BIOS Dropbox - BIOS Yoga2-13 v1.09

thx & have a nice weekend

Highlighted
oilerlord
Punch Card
Views: 3,502
Message 47 of 447

You can post it at bios-mods.com. That said, I did the same thing (a long time ago)...and even offered a Starbucks card for a guru to remove the whitelist. No response. Either it's too tough to hack, or the incentive wasn't enough to tempt someone to do the task.

I later came to my senses realizing that even if someone did post a hacked bios - did I really want to take a chance at it bricking my laptop? I don't think you'd be very happy with a dead laptop and no way to fix it.

Lenovo is a global company. There must be a way for you to get the genuine Lenovo part.
whoami1975
Punch Card
Views: 3,493
Message 48 of 447

I've already posted my bios backup in the current thread for the Lenovo whitelist removal on BIOS mods .. there was a v1.03 ROM already uploaded ... we will see what will happen.
For sure I don't want ti brick the yoga ... but it seams it is capable of storing two different BIOS at the same time ... so maybe there is a way to recover?!
Btw ... I've signed the pedition on BIOS mod, too.
Maybe some day we (or let's say the yoga) can escape from this golden whitelist cage and we are really free to do with the yoga what the commercial was promising ...
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,480
Message 49 of 447

I have already received an unlocked and whitelist free BIOS for the Yoga 2 Pro. Although not the same laptop, I can assure you that the BIOS cannot be flashed whithout an external programmer connected directly to the BIOS chip. That said, I think you are out of luck. Try one of the other whitelisted cards above.

DanSolo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,473
Message 50 of 447

@indest wrote:

I have already received an unlocked and whitelist free BIOS for the Yoga 2 Pro. Although not the same laptop, I can assure you that the BIOS cannot be flashed whithout an external programmer connected directly to the BIOS chip. That said, I think you are out of luck. Try one of the other whitelisted cards above.

But the Y2P can get BIOS updates? So why does it need this external flashing method?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors