Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pzivtins
Paper Tape
Views: 4,038
Message 431 of 446

Re: Yoga 2 13 Wireless Card Unauthorized Message

Hello everyone!

And I might as well start with saying - Thank You for all the information that has been gathered here! You have been most welcome help!

I can confirm, that at-least one of three Yogas that I have - accepted the BCM94352Z LENOVO FRU 04X6020. Image of the card (one of three cards). Other two will receive their upgrade next week when they will back and available... I purchased the cards here at quite a steep price of ~80Eur per card, but as I had no other choice - that might as well have been a bargain price. This week I received a lenovo service shop email - that the 35020612 link cards are available for pre-order or something - they where not available for order for the last month or so.

At this moment - I can confirm:
> BCM94352Z works in Lenovo Yoga 2 13", Bios version 1.09
> This card (BCM94352Z) has poorer range compared to my ThinkPad L450 Intel AC-7265 (similar to 7260). That said, it has more stable connection and better down link speed and slower up speed. For most uses - this is better. If I have the chance - I will try this card in the L450 and see if it works - compare that the situation is the same. Would love to make dual boot hackintosh with working wifi... Smiley Happy As sources say - the BCM94352Z is compatible with Mac...
> The Intel 7260 AC (PN: 20200617) from the ThinkPad series - did not work in Yoga - got the unauthorized message at boot. The card I got from the authorized IBM Latvia service shop - but they already warned me that it probably will not work. My hat goes off to them for lending me a card in such a short notice... Thanks!
> The Lenovo service shop was not able to ship to Latvia (LV) - nor to Baltics (LT/EE), had to make an account to the UK address that I had available. In the end spent up to 2 hours in four weeks on phone with the support - and could not get the 35020612 card, at first they said that the Medion Germany had like 10 of these cards, but then I was put on hold for almost a month. Then I received an email saying that these cards are not available for order at this moment. And when I made the order again - after two weeks I got the message that they are finally available, but I already had god three BCM94352Z from ebay.
> Also can confirm that the Samsung SSD drive MZ-N5E250BW works great in all these three Yoga's that I have. Now if only I could get the sff cable for the regular sata drives... that would be something, but at this moment they are still quite expensive.
> With Windows 10 - the only problem that I have with all these three laptops - they don't know how to sleep well... Can not phrase it any other way. At the time of writing there is something seriously wrong with Windows - as the yogas sometimes can not wake up (blank screen), cannot enter the sleep (empty battery). Also the battery life is mediocre 4-5 hours average. The lenovo transition software works OK with windows 10 - that was a nice surprise. Hope the sleep issue goes away at some point - as the laptop is really great otherwise. Minus of-course the dreadful WiFi card. The sleep issues are also present on other manufacturers laptops - so I am accepting that as the price of new technology...

> One of the Yoga's had something wierd going on with the screen - RMA it, link to the problem - here. Notice the brown/yellowish spots near the bottom? Something wierd... Only took more than month for the RMA to complete. Yay!

So all in all - I am pretty pleased about the end result. Love the Yoga, but hate the support. Hope the Lenovo will not make this mistake again in the future. Reminds me of the time when HP made Pavilion series 6 laptops - that had to replace the motherboard once per 3 - 6 months - as it was manufacturing defect (overheat problems) or the time when Apple made defective macbooks (deffective gpu's). Yup - this screw up puts the Lenovo in the grand hall of manufacturing failures.

sebhell
What's DOS?
Views: 4,001
Message 432 of 446

Hello,

same issue as all the others here. 

The solution with the deactivated network card may be working. My yoga started with unaouthorised but deactivated card. Hopefully it may be enough to cover the right pin to get it working.

And yes it seems to be very difficult to get the card from medion germany. But after the third request, i was able to buy the card. They delivered it and it seems to be working like a charm. Not the ceapest, but hey, now it works.

For all the others with no hope: maybe try a modifyed bios. If you find the right thread, you may be able to get every card working.

I really don't see the value of the whitelist. If there are people who are smart enough to change the wireless card, they are also smart enough to buy the right card. And if the whitelist exists only to make us buy the cards from lenovo, then where can we buy it? There are enough people willing to buy this card. The only achievements of the whitelist are angry people who never want to buy a ideapad or a yoga again.

mfp83
What's DOS?
Views: 3,144
Message 433 of 446

I just failed to boot my Yoga 2 with the same wireless intel 7260hmw card that others here have tried, despite it working fine in other laptops and with a hot swap in this laptop.  Updating the bios did not help.  I was dismayed to come here to find a two year old unresolved issue.  

I am annoyed that Lenovo would try to force me to use their hardware to upgrade, and angry that they didn't at least tell me so so that I wouldn't have wasted my time and money. 

I don't know what to say.  I know that feedback in this forum almost certainly feeds into no process that can motivate change with the company.  I would direct my feedback to a more useful channel if I believed that any existed, or that there would even be interest.  

I suppose there are things I could do to work around the issue, but why deal with that when I don't have to.  This will be the last laptop I buy from this company.

bdnk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,093
Message 434 of 446

Hello!

I'm looking for firmware file zivy0109x32x64.exe or no modifed full backup BIOS: 96CN23WW(1.09) and EC: 96EC23WW(1.09)

Thanks.

bdnk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,064
Message 435 of 446

Hello!

Now I speak you my success strory. Thanks to pzivtins, I also bought WIFI card  BCM94352Z LENOVO FRU 04X6020 and confirm that it startep up without problem in my Yoga 2 13 (noPro) BIOS version 1.11.

When I bought BCM94352Z my BIOS version was 1.17. But I downloaded firmware version 1.11 from official site lenovo and downgraded BIOS to version 1.11. It becomes possible to do when I set flag "Enable downgrade or last version" (I don't remember exactly) in BIOS.

Now, I have two band (2,4G and 5G) fast WIFI. No hacking BIOS, no SPI programming - just bought rigth card and installed in Yoga.

I take my hat off to pzivtins.

Good luck!

P.S.

I'm sorry for the mistakes, English is my second language.

Pepe8
Paper Tape
Views: 2,638
Message 436 of 446

just wanna confirm too, the Broadcom BCM94352Z 04X6020 card works perfectly with 1.17 bios ,didn't need to downgrade ,was only $15 listed on ebay as yoga 3 pro wifi card. 2.4 and 5 ghz both acceptable ,low signal but working stable which is a big thing to say after about a year strugle.. 
I know outdated model now ,but still real shame how Lenovo treats their customers. tried all original cards atheros ,realtek and even the intel 7260-N with 2 different router ,all possbile drivers. all completely useless with less signal and worse interference sensitivity than a $20 chinese tablet. $1000 laptop and had to use with usb dongle for a year ,joke.
yoga 2 13 should've been recalled or at least the whitelist removed and issued a big apology for the antenna design

Dan689
Paper Tape
Views: 2,356
Message 437 of 446

Thank you so much to the contributors to this thread. My Lenovo Yoga 2 13 was dropping the WiFi conection with increasing frequency, over once an hour. So using the info in recent threads I bought this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0196D31YI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It came from China and took about 10 days to arrive (I am in the UK). I put it in and all I had to do after booting up was to reenter my Routers WiFi password and it has worked flawlessly now for a week. Thank you so much to everyone.

This is a photo of the card I bought:

WLancard.jpgthe card that works

daztop
What's DOS?
Views: 2,215
Message 438 of 446

@Pepe8 wrote:

just wanna confirm too, the Broadcom BCM94352Z 04X6020 card works perfectly with 1.17 bios ,didn't need to downgrade ,was only $15 listed on ebay as yoga 3 pro wifi card. 2.4 and 5 ghz both acceptable ,low signal but working stable which is a big thing to say after about a year strugle.. 
I know outdated model now ,but still real shame how Lenovo treats their customers. tried all original cards atheros ,realtek and even the intel 7260-N with 2 different router ,all possbile drivers. all completely useless with less signal and worse interference sensitivity than a $20 chinese tablet. $1000 laptop and had to use with usb dongle for a year ,joke.
yoga 2 13 should've been recalled or at least the whitelist removed and issued a big apology for the antenna design

I bought this card, based on the above comment.  Just tried, and it gives the unauthorised message.  Can't find where to download old BIOS versions from - can anyone advise? I'm currently on 1.17.

Utakos
Paper Tape
Views: 1,795
Message 439 of 446

So do we have a list of confirmed working WLAN cards for 1.17 BIOS in a Yoga 2 13 system?
My Realtek onw is soooo bad I am at the point of selling the system and getting something else
Pepe8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,783
Message 440 of 446

This card was added from 1.15 or 1.17 

before 1.15 only these cards are supported 

20200409  WIFI 2x2 BGN+BT4.0, Intel 7260BN 2x2BN+BT PCIE NGFF
20200557  WIFI 1x1 BGN+BT4.0, Cbt BCM43142 1x1BN+BT4.0 PCIE M.2
20200558  WIFI 1x1 BGN+BT4.0, Ltn HFA335 1x1BN+BT4.0 PCIE M.2
20200570  WIFI 1x1 BGN+BT4.0, Cbt RTL8723BE 1x1BN+BT4.0 PCIE M.2

after two AC added:

Intel 7260 AC FRU PN 20200617
Broadcom  BCM94352Z  Lenovo P/N 20-200480 FRU: 04X6020 or Yoga 3 Pro original card

should work with 1.17 ,not sure why it's not working. might be only Broadcom card designed or removed from yoga 3 pro works. 7260 AC is another possibility but seems quite hard to get

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors