Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stealthabz
Paper Tape
Views: 611
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 2 13 charging battery issue

Starting recently whenever my yoga 2 13 battery starts to get low and I plug it in to charge say at around 10-20%, the battery suddenly drops down to 0% and says "plugged in, charging" but doesnt actually charge. And if I unplug it, the computer instantly powers down and the only way to get it to charge is to shut it down and than turn it back on again.

Please help was wondering if this was an issue with my yoga 2 13's battery or the charger or even something else entirely.

jagex8
What's DOS?
Views: 552
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 2 13 charging battery issue

I also have started having this issue with my Yoga 2 11.

Actually just now as I'm typing this message the problem occured. After registering, it seems to charge after dropping to 0%, but my battery was originally at around 40% 

I'd rather not have my battery drop every time i plug it in.

Note: Also seems to be charging really fast after holding a 0% charge for a while. Went from 6% to 12% by the time i finished typing this message.

Note: This doesn't happen everytime and has happened twice during the couple weeks ive owned this laptop.

caffeinator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 544
Message 3 of 5

I am having the issue with my Yoga 2 11 as well. Less than a month old. Left on charger the entire night and it still says 0, but yet working without being plugged in.The Lenovo battery app says that the battery is in perfect condition. I've been working on computers for over 20 years and not had this problem,

jagex8
What's DOS?
Views: 533
Message 4 of 5

@caffeinator wrote:

I am having the issue with my Yoga 2 11 as well. Less than a month old. Left on charger the entire night and it still says 0, but yet working without being plugged in.The Lenovo battery app says that the battery is in perfect condition. I've been working on computers for over 20 years and not had this problem,

Is it saying 0%, plugged in not charging?

caffeinator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 497
Message 5 of 5

It says 1%, plugged in, not charging.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors