Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beerman919
Paper Tape
Views: 315
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 13 model 20344 No POST

I am not getting anything on the display. I can turn on the computer via battery power and while plugged in, but nothing shows on the display. I even tried disconnecting the battery and turning it on without the battery plugged in.... same result. I can turn on/off the keyboard backlight, but caps lock does not do anything.

I have tried resetting the bios by disconnecting the bios battery (this model had to be soldered off then back onto the motherboard) and system battery then holding the power button for about 60 seconds. Didn't make any difference.

I also tried connecting to a TV through teh HDMI output to see if any video came through. No

When the machine is plugged in I can unplug it/plug it in and it gives a beep that sounds like a bios POST beep....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Highlighted
KwJay
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 13 model 20344 No POST

Hi,

I have exactly the same symptoms with my Yoga 2 13, i3, 8GB RAM. Laptop powers on, fan starts, keyboard lights up and stays on, the screen is blank and nothing happens. No Lenovo welcome screen, NOVO button does not work, cannot get to BIOS in any way, the windows button on the screen vibrates on touch though.

Tried unsoldering the battery to reset bios - no result. Taking battery out and holding power button makes no change on startup. Took everything apart, cleaned every part and reassembled together - no result. Tried booting with SSHD disconnected still the same not even a welcome screen.

Have you resolved your issue by any chance? Grateful for advise as I'm running out of ideas.

king regards

KJ

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors