Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-26-2015

BVI

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 13 - stopped charging - power light flashing amber

2015-08-26, 16:37 PM

Hello,

Last month a message from lenovo power manager software pops up on the laptop, saying something like my power adapter needs to be replaced it is not providing enough. It continued to work for a few days before stop charging at all.

When I plugged in to AC power, my Yoga would start charging for 2 seconds and stop. If I took out the plug and reconnect, it just did the same and not charge. While plugged in, the laptop charging icon disappears after the 2 initial seconds and the power light on my pc flashes steadly on/off amber.

I managed to order this power adapter here before out of battery. When I received the adapter my Yoga started charging again with no problem. The next day however, my screen went black and stop working. Warrenty out dated, so I openned the machine and found a loose screw from the fan, put it back and by magic the screen is working again.

The next day I plug in my laptop, let it charges for a few hours. When I turn it on the charging icon disappears again. Same thing as before, not charging with flashing amber light. I noticed that when unplugged, the light would go to solid white like normal. So I have 70% battery left before I feel like just throwing this thing in the trash!

I couldn't find anybody with the same problem. I was wondering if updating the BIOS could help but when I tried a message came up "Please plugin and try again", Great...!

Someone please help!

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 13 - stopped charging - power light flashing amber

2015-08-27, 13:59 PM

Hi pjz,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I would suggest try isolating if Battery or AC is causing this problem.

First is to try removing the battery on your Yoga

Here's is a simple guide.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Lenovo+Yoga+2+13-Inch+Battery+Replacement/39456

Now while there is no battery Try plugging your adapter and try turning the computer ON.

It should power up using only the AC adapter.

If it did not.

Your problem lies with the the power System, COuld be the charging port. Try observing the Port or follow the wire that runs to it.

If the computer power up without the Battery in it, without any problem. This is a problem with your battery.

Let me know your findings

Regards

Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

08-26-2015

BVI

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 13 - stopped charging - power light flashing amber

2015-09-07, 14:59 PM

Hi Solid_Cruver,

Thank you for you help.

I didn't do anything to my laptop, I left it shutoff for about a week and when I plugged it back in, it started charging again and has been working fine since.

So I still don't know what was wrong but all good for now! It's like magic again...

Hope it will last.

Thank you

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms