Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allenleno
What's DOS?
Views: 650
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 13inch - wont boot

Just bought the Yoga 2 13 inch in July - turned it on and used it less than 20 times in the past few months since I got the Yoga 2 pro and let my wife use the Yoga 2.

I tried to turn the Yoga 2 on last week. I get a blue screen with the following error

Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key

Then Select ‘Boot Manager’ to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media

I turned it on and off several times. Once it loaded to the windows screen and said it needed to recover from an error, then crashed back to the no boot screen. I got into the BIOS and it stated there was no HardDrive attached.

I have been in india for the past few weeks and will be here till January 2015. I called the Lenovo India service number but that has not been helpful since their english wasnt that great and the nearest service center is over 8 hours away, and when they do answer the phone they dont speak english.

I need someone to help me fix this issue as soon as possible, not having the laptop we brought to use and have it fail within three months and less than 20 uses is amazing.

tissanr
What's DOS?
Views: 549
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 13inch - wont boot

Same problem here. It's with the Yoga 2 Pro. At first Netflix crached and Windows restarted. The same message came. When i turned off the machine and started it, it worked fine again.

Until Yesterday. This time it was no Netflix. It just didnt wake up from sleep. The Keyboard lit up but no screen. Then i rebooted. Now it wont start any more.

please help.

Stephan

gcooper
What's DOS?
Views: 346
Message 3 of 4

Just purchased a new machine and when I turned it in this is what I get a blue screen with the following error
Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed
Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key
Then Select ‘Boot Manager’ to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media. I will return it tomorrow for my money back
tissanr
What's DOS?
Views: 336
Message 4 of 4

With my Yoga it was a broken Harddisk. After replacement I have no Problems with the device

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors