cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psychodata91
Paper Tape
Views: 211
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 Display only showing colors. Seems to still work with external display.

Hi Guys, 

I'm the IT handiman at a local business. Things have been going okay, so they brought me a Yoga 2 Pro that they had abandoned because it's screen went weird so now it only shows colors. 

So, when I turn on the computer, the display immediately starts cycling through colors. When I use an adapter to the micro HDMI, I can see the display on an external display. I can even change the display settings to essentially use the yoga as a computer tower log onto the computer like normal and enable RDP so I can get SOME use out of the machine as a server box, but that feels like a waste of a high performance machine. Video

IDK what's wrong. If it was a graphics card or something, I would think that I wouldn't be able to use the external display. I'm not sure what's up or what to see about trying to order and replace. 

Anyone have any idea what I should look at? I can make this laptop into the little print server we need, since it's not good for much else right now, but I'd rather get it back in service as a laptop and use a lower end machine for a simple print server. 

Help me? Please? 

Guru
Views: 149
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 Display only showing colors. Seems to still work with external display.

I looks like a dead LCD display, or a dead ribbon cable to me, I had a similar issue with my C340, wasn't software related. You can try to contact Lenovo support, they may be able to repair it.

http://support.lenovo.com

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors