Independence

4 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 Pro - BSOD - No Hard Drive Found

2015-09-04, 20:19 PM

Hi all,

Last summer I purchased a Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 8.1. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10.

The other night I was working on my Y2P when it blue screened. It does this about once or twice a month, but I've never been able to diagnose the problem. It usually starts and gives me three boot error messages. When I do a hard restart, it comes up successfully. I was hoping the  Windows 10 upgrade would fix whatever was going wrong.

Unfortunately that was not the case. My Y2P did restart on its own after the BSOD, and when it did, it told me to wait while Windows finished installing updates. After successfully logging in, I went back to the document I was working on when it crashed again. After a total of four crashes, it would not progress beyond the Lenovo splash screen. I could not boot into UEFI, a flash drive, or anything else for about a day. When it did finally let me in, I have discovered that it can no longer find my hard drive. Running a Windows repair disk reports the drive is locked. UEFI says there is no drive detected.

Unlucky for me, the warranty expired two months ago...

Here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have any suggestions on what solutions to try?

2. Since the warranty is expired, which - if any - of the options on the page below would be my best option?

http://www.lenovo.com/premiumsupport/?linkTrack=Contact%20Us_step2:link1_Premium%20Support

Thanks for the help!

Options

1 Posts

12-07-2014

US

4 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 2 of 2

Yoga 2 Pro - Boot Not Found - Hard Disk "not detected" in Setup Utility

2017-10-02, 14:29 PM

I recently got the "default boot device missing or boot failed" message.  Went into Set Up utility - says Hard Disk not detected.  Any ideas?  This is not necessarily saying my fhard drive has failed, right???  Was working fine yesterday.

Any help appreciated.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save