Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hirenshah86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 50,779
Message 1 of 75

Yoga 2 Pro - Bluetooth Issues

Whatever I do, I can't seem to get bluetooth working on my Y2P.  I installed the latest ones from Lenovo's site, I tried using the generic drivers, I tried getting the latest ones from Intel... still no luck.

If I use the generic ones, I get a code 43 error in Device Manager.  If I try Lenovo's or Intel's it starts the device fine but Windows itself doesn't even think I have a bluetooth device.

What is going on? Smiley Sad

ihaveabu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 50,662
Message 2 of 75

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Bluetooth Issues

hirenshah86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 50,973
Message 3 of 75

Weird... I turned my laptop on today and bluetoooth has suddenly started working.

glunsford
What's DOS?
Views: 48,647
Message 4 of 75

I'm having the same issue, using the same Microsoft mouse, but seems to be happing 10+ times per day.  Sometimes it happens 2 -3 times in a row over a couple of minutes.  This is terrible....the question now becomes what is worse windows 8 or the Yoga 2 - might be a dead heat if this doesn't get fixed.   I'm posting a review on Quara, please feel free to vote it up.  Hopefully, we can provide Lenovo an incentive to fix the issue.

undoubted
What's DOS?
Views: 48,516
Message 5 of 75

**SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME, a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro owner **

After two gruelling hours of research and troubleshooting, I concluded that A) A winodws update is causing this issue B) None of the solutions in this forum or other online forums have worked for me. 

Here's what finally worked for me:

1) Uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and delete the driver

2) Reboot your Yoga

3) Launch Windows Explorer, navigate to partition "LENOVO (D:\)", then Drivers folder

4) in the Bluetooth folder, run the "Autorun" app.  (If it asks to remove a previous installation, let it do so, reboot the PC and repeat steps 3-4. ) 

The above will install the original Lenovo Bluetooth driver and fix your issue. It might also be a good idea to disable Windows updates, or at least create your own Restore Point prior to installing the updates so that you can roll back if needed. 

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 48,499
Message 6 of 75

@undoubted wrote:

It might also be a good idea to disable Windows updates, or at least create your own Restore Point prior to installing the updates so that you can roll back if needed. 

Or just block that particular update. By doing so, any future updates that tries to update the same thing will be blocked too.

mcampione
Paper Tape
Views: 48,263
Message 7 of 75

I have had all kinds of inconsistent issues with BT and used different methods to resolve the issue, uninstall and then reinstall the driver (because of an code 43), or just a simple reboot. My last issue required me to reinstall the driver because BT device was not listed in Device Manager. Does Lenovo acknowledge that there is an issue?

alantyc
Paper Tape
Views: 48,100
Message 8 of 75

Both my bluetooth mice dont work with the Yoga2 pro.

Logitech M555b as well as the Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

They both just stop responding after a while and requires a power on and off for the mouse before it can work again. Sometimes, even that doesn't help and the whole PC has to be rebooted.

AND if it doesn't work, i'll have to use 1 of the 2 valuable USB ports for the mouse.

I hope Lenovo has a fix for this.

I'll try the solutions in this thread to see if it works.

Thanks all.

alantyc
Paper Tape
Views: 48,096
Message 9 of 75

I uninstalled the drivers at device manager

Searched for keyword bluetooth in drive C

There were so many hits, i didn't dare delete them

Reboot the computer

Reinstalled as per instructions, from D drive, autorun,

unstalled drivers before installing drivers.

Didn't work.. My Logitech BT mouse still drops every now and then, but it reconnects easier though. Doesn't need to be switched on and off. It reconnects on its own.

Gonna try this next:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Yoga-2-Pro-bluetooth-disconnecting-now-w...

alantyc
Paper Tape
Views: 47,775
Message 10 of 75

So it doesn't work

My yoga 2 pro is made in feb 2014, and they still haven't fixed this issue in Feb 2014 production.

Bluetooth still drops

Have to switch  between Aeroplane mode, on and off to renable the bluetooth mouse.

I'd think that no one should buy this notebook till the issue is resolved.

I've told any prospective users on this issue and they are holding back on the buy.

The yellow color issues is also still evident. and those who need accurate colors also shouldn't get this.

Any fixes for bluetooth, which works, please update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors