Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilanarama
Punch Card
Views: 1,495
Message 51 of 75

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Bluetooth Issues

My issue is that my BT mouse no longer works - and I've actually tried to connect a second identical mouse with the same results - but BT is still working, as I can use my aux keyboard (on which I'm typing this message).

When I bring up the Bluetooth settings and ask it to show devices, it says the keyboard is 'connected' but the mouse is only 'paired'. (If I go into the other room without the keyboard, it becomes 'paired' as well).

I have verified that it must be a problem on the Lenovo end, as I have replaced the batteries, tried a second BT mouse, and successfully paired the mouse to a different laptop.

It was working just fine and stopped right in the middle of while I was using it. I have reinstalled the drivers, rebooted, and I am at my wits' end. This makes the laptop basically unusable for me as I use it in stand mode most of the time, with bluetooth keyboard and mouse and a second screen.

This is my second Lenovo, and likely my last, as I've had numerous issues (mouse, second monitor, throttling in non-laptop mode).

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 1,486
Message 52 of 75

Bluetooth has more or less resolved itself on my i7 Yoga 2 Pro.  Here are my drivers, etc.:

76CN43WW BIOS (updated from factory default - probably has no effect)

Intel - Wireless Bluetooth Version 17.1.1512.0771

Intel - Wifi driver 18.20.0.9

Win 10 ("November" update)

I also noted that 2 days ago one of the updates for Win 10 involved a BT file or driver of some kind.  These wifi and BT problems are not limited to Lenovo laptops.  If you check the Microsoft forums you'll see similar problems with Dell, Acer, Asus and others.

Mod's Edit: Changed Font size to a reader friendly size

icedoverfire
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,470
Message 53 of 75

My Y2P yesterday downloaded a massive update from Microsoft (one that involved restarting several times and some other stuff)... since then I've completely lost bluetooth. It's as if there's no bluetooth on the computer at all! I've tried installing the latest drivers, I've tried scanning for hardware changes and I get nothing. Help!

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 1,411
Message 54 of 75

And I'm back again.  Like @icedoverfire above, after the last Microsoft update (about 152MB) my Bluetooth is gone AGAIN and none of my previous "solutions" is working.  My system/drivers are listed above.  I have all the latest drivers for wifi and bluetooth, the latest BIOS from Lenovo.  Nothing I have done, including trying older drivers, rebooting, turning anti-virus software off, exited the Power Manager, NOTHING works.  As before, there is no BT icon below in the taskbar, no Bluetooth showing anywhere in Device Manager.  The files and folders are present on the SSD but BT simply will not load.  I have tried each and every "solution" on this thread.

I believe this is a Microsoft issue, but can someone at Lenovo PLEASE sort this mess out?  It worked for a while until the last Microsoft update.  This is ridiculous!!!

UPDATE:  Well, I didn't try everything.  Going back many posts gives one solution of going into the BIOS, disabling the Wireless function, shutting down, rebooting back into BIOS and re-enabling the Wireless.  That reset my Bluetooth after trying almost everything else.

THE QUESTIONS REMAINS, WHY DOES THIS SEEM TO HAPPEN ONLY WITH MICROSOFT UPDATES NOW??

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 1,371
Message 55 of 75

Another follow up.  I'm back AGAIN.  Bluetooth problem STILL NOT RESOLVED.

I have the latest BIOS updated from Lenovo, I have the latest wifi and Bluetooth drivers from Lenovo.  I simply CANNOT maintain a BT connection for my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse.

If I go into the BIOS, disable "Wireless", save and exit and shut down, then reboot, the laptop will enable BT and of course wireless is dead.  If I then go back into BIOS and enable Wireless and reboot, I get a "normal" boot with wireless and BT, BUT after about 5-15 minutes, suddenly the BT is gone, there is no BT icon at the bottom at the taskbar and the BT services are not shown in Device Manager.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE HELL TO DO ABOUT THIS ???

I have been on this forum for almost 2 years fighting this and I've tried about everything suggested here.

Highlighted
blero
WWAN
Views: 1,351
Message 56 of 75

Hello,

Maybe you could check the drivers version in the Device Manager, when Bluetooth works, and when it doesn't.

Windows 10 likes to force the driver it wants you to use.

And if you uninstall it (and even delete this driver files), to then install a new one, Windows 10 keeps it somewhere and sometimes reinstalls it witout any warning, some minutes later. This can be very frustrating, because a device can work perfectly for a while, then stops with no apparent reason.

Maybe that's what's happening to you. If you find out that some driver is always ok, and an other one is not, it would be a good start to solve the problem.

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 1,345
Message 57 of 75

That would be OK except I've tried every driver on the planet - from Lenovo, from Microsoft, from Intel.

As of yesterday I can't even get ANY Bluetooth drivers to load on boot.  Even my attempts at doing the BIOS on/off isn't working now.  I "reinstalled" and "repaired" the drivers that had previously been working and they won't even show up now.  The only trace of Bluetooth now are the files on the drive.  There is nothing loading during boot, nothing showing up in any menu or in Device Manager - nothing.

blero
WWAN
Views: 1,333
Message 58 of 75

It's hard to say if your problem is intermittent and hardware related, or purely software.

To make the Bluetooth device appear again, you could:

- check the option to show hidden devices in the Device Manager.

- try in safe mode.

- do a system restore to an earlier point.

- do a system recovery (resetting Windows).

And as a last resort, do a clean install...

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 1,326
Message 59 of 75

Didn't have time or patience to work on it today.  I'll dive back in and report back after I have time to fight it again.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've tried all of them before.  The solution seems to be a moving target and what works one time doesn't seem to work another.

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 1,271
Message 60 of 75

I gave up and did a complete new installation using a Win 10 .iso disk.  Lost everything on the laptop, of course and had to "rebuild" all my browsers, etc. but not before trying just to get the #$@! mouse working.  No luck even on a "virgin" installation.  I went back two BT driver versions, tried installing in legacy mode, did the BIOS disable/enable trick - nothing will load BT on that laptop - no BT found in Device Manager, no BT choices in any of the menus.

There is something in Microsoft Windows 10 that apparently does not recognize BT drivers when booting and it completely ignores them.  Yes, the files are on the drive, and I've done an uninstall and reinstall.  Note also that with a Microsoft .iso disk, none of the Lenovo power management software is installed so that isn't it.

I have NO IDEA what to do.  I'm using it sparingly with the #$@! touchpad (which I hate) when I am on the road, and I will buy yet another mouse - this time a USB dongle mouse - to try and get a mouse to work.

BTW, it is not a hardware problem with the mouse because I can get the BT mouse to work on several other computers with no problems.  In the meantime, I have a working wifi module 7260N single band that I removed from another Lenovo laptop when fighting another wifi problem.  I will install that module and see if it changes anything but I think it will not.  If it was a hardware recognition problem, the BT icon should at least load in the taskbar but the mouse would not connect.  Something is blocking the software.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors