Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 2,513
Message 61 of 75

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Bluetooth Issues

One more followup to my posts above.

Last week I used a Windows 10 .iso disk and totally reinstalled Win 10 - wiping out all my programs, files, etc, (which I backed up, of course).  No Bluetooth icon or menus.  I was planning on throwing the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse away and getting a USB mouse.

But today, I got the massive 1156 (I think that is the designation) update to the original .iso installation and my BT icon reappeared and I was able to connect the BT mouse.  My previous installation also had the 1156 update but did not work with BT.  Perhaps this was a more recent build (obtained today's date) which may have contained updates to the BT problem.

So my BT mouse is working FOR NOW.  But that's happened in the past until a security updated trashed it.  I'm assuming this will work now.  I'll report back if everything disappears as it did last time.  GRRRRR.....

blero
WWAN
Views: 2,511
Message 62 of 75

Hello,

That's good news, don't forget to note the driver version down...

icedoverfire
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,482
Message 63 of 75

I'm back today - reporting INTERMITTENT Bluetooth.

Computer is running, and I sometimes get bluetooth, sometimes not. I have the tray icon enabled and it sometimes disappears. I still see a "Bluetooth" drop-down in my Device Manager when bluetooth is not working,

As I write this, the following just happened -

The device "HID-Compliant ventor-defined device", Location on Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device, went from "no device drier is installed" to "code 45" to "this device is working properly"

Any tips?

- ice

blero
WWAN
Views: 2,477
Message 64 of 75

Hello,

Like I said in message 56 on the previous page in this thread, maybe Windows installed a driver without warning:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Bluetooth-Issues/m-p/2254703#M3...

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 2,465
Message 65 of 75

This was one of THE major complaints of Windows 10.  Microsoft, in their "infinite wisdom" did not allow Win 10 Home users to determine whether or not to install updates.  Since the Yoga 2 Pro worked as provided by Lenovo with Win 8.0 installed (and later under the 8.1 update), the problem lies with Win 10 and Microsoft.

The really frustrating thing here is that there are dozens (literally) of users who obtained a "fix" but few of them are the same, and what fixes one computer doesn't always work on another.

So far my BT is still working as described in my post above.  I will move to the Microsoft forum and share my frustrations with them, although on threads as old as these, no one cares much any longer.  In my opinion, it is Microsoft that damaged a perfectly fine laptop computer, and if you surf the Microsoft forums, you will find other brands having similar problems with BT disappering, and wifi dropouts and slow operation.

stevechobot
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,444
Message 66 of 75

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Bluetooth Issues 2016/02/11 After MS KB update Bluetooth gone rfom Device Manager

2016/02/11 After Microsoft KB uodates bluetootth is missing from SETTINGS/BLUETOOTH and from Device Manager.

I ran BelarcAdvisor and software is there for

Intel - PROSet/Wireless Version 18, 11, 0, 0

(64-bit)

Intel - Wireless Bluetooth Version 3.0.1337.02
(64-bit)

Motorola Solutions - Intel PROSet\Wireless Bluetooth Version 3.1.1309.0384

All I know is bluettoth worked after KB3133431 added then it was gone. once I uninstalled the KB and restarted - blutootth returned.

Just today the pesky KB 3133431 returned along with KB 3135173 and bluetooth was gone.So I uninstalled KB 3133431 and KB3135173 and restarted the bluetooh did not return??????????????

The last driver update on the lenovo site for bluetooth is dated

Intel Bluetooth Driver
exe
74.3 MB
Windows 10 (64-bit)
DM 17.1.1512.771 CP 17.1.1512.0771
7/15/2015
mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 2,433
Message 67 of 75

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Bluetooth Issues 2016/02/11 After MS KB update Bluetooth gone rfom Device Manager

I have not allowed my laptop to turn on in case the dreaded Bluetooth fairy raises its ugly head again. 

There is clearly something wrong here.  Either Microsoft is uploading softrware that is "protecting" us from ourselves because BT is a loophole for outside hacking, or there is some kind of "signature" filter that is not recognizing the BT software that Microsoft themselves are providing.

Ironically, I own two Yoga 2 Pro laptops.  One is an i5 and that one has never lost the BT icon (I check it regularly after updates.  My wife uses that one, and there is no BT device that has ever been used on it.

My i7 is the one that has driven me totally crazy as you can see from my first posts here - over a year ago.  It makes NO SENSE although there must be an answer.

Here are the current drivers for my currently (pre-update today) working i7:

BIOS 76CN43WW   3/30/2015

Intel PROset/wireless  18.31.0.0

Intel Bluetooth  17.1.1531.1764

Microsoft wifi version  1.1509.1.0

Both of my Yoga 2 Pros have the Intel N7260 wifi module which may account for the driver differences?

Also note as I mentioned above that I completely reinstalled Win 10 from an .iso disc that I made from the Microsoft website online.  These are the default drivers that were installed during that re-install (unless the November update also included updates to the drivers on the .iso disk)  That eliminated some of the Lenovo apps such as the Power Manager.

I've spent days online looking for a solution earlier.  There is nothing I've found on the Microsoft web sites that worked, but it's also apparent that other laptops are also having problems.  Also there are few if any recent (late 2015) entries.

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 2,371
Message 68 of 75

So far my BT has returned and is working normally.  I think it is a Microsoft problem that may have been patched in a late-February update to Win 10.

I also note today that the March 8, 2016 updates list Bluetooth as one of the problems modified, so maybe - MAYBE - Microsoft finally acknowledged, publically or just in the update, that there was a problem.  I have not yet installed the March 8 updates on my laptop, but will report back IF my BT disappears. 

ilanarama
Punch Card
Views: 2,318
Message 69 of 75

Well, guess what - it's happened again.  I was just working away and then got the smiley blue screen of death with "driver corrupted expool" error, it rebooted (yoga 2 pro i5), and although the bluetooth was there and claimed to be paired to my keyboard and mouse, neither responds.  I removed the mouse and re-paired it, but it still isn't responding.  

Most recent MS update is March 23rd.  

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 2,159
Message 70 of 75

Well, I'm back again - no Bluetooth after a Win 10 update.  It had worked for several months (see my earlier posts) and now there is no BT icon, no Bluetooth in Device Manager.  I have spent another couple of wasted hours screwing around with drivers to no avail.  I was on vacation for a couple of weeks and when I returned, I "updated" the security files.  Screwed again.  The BT mouse worked just fine to access the menu but quit working when files were updated.

This is a MICROSOFT problem!!  There are almost as many "fixes" out there on the internet as there are laptops trying to use Bluetooth under Windows 10.  I think the only solution is to buy a USB mouse with the dongle and just forget using Bluetooth under Windows 10 in a laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors