Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leoyuan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,114
Message 41 of 75

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Bluetooth Issues

I have the same problem. Can you forward me the solution? Very appreciated...
leoyuan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,114
Message 42 of 75

I don't know where is power management button?
Thanks
teeff
What's DOS?
Views: 1,098
Message 43 of 75

Here's what I used: http://iamjstyle.hubpages.com/hub/Things-You-Must-Do-To-Your-Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro

Essentially you have to:

1) Make sure you have the latest Bluetooth Drivers and the fastest way was to use Device Manager, right click on the Bluetooth drivers and selectup Update Drive
2) Make sure that Power Management "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" is NOT selected (Right click on the driver > Properties > Power Management Tab)

ALSO if you want to use bluetooth speakers, then you should disable / uninstall Lenovo Voice if you experience choppy sound on the bluetooth speakers (after making sure you have the lastest drivers). 

Hope that helps!

valdezar
Paper Tape
Views: 945
Message 44 of 75

I was finally able to mitigate the horrible experience with the intermittent Bluetooth connectivity with the following method:

1. Press the [Windows key] + [X] key;
  2. Select "device manager";
  3. Expand the Bluetooth drop down menu;
  4. Right mouse click on "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)";
  5. Select properties;
  6. Select power management;
  7. Finally, uncheck the box which allows the computer to turn off this device to save power, and problem solved!

(7) BT Power Management red circle.png

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 805
Message 45 of 75

There is something seriously wrong here. In this thread alone there are several BT failures described and several "fixes". There is no one single problem and no one single fix. Some of us have lost ALL Bluetooth menu, taskbar and Device Manager traces of BT, others are just having intermittent connectivity issues. Some fixes include re-installation of Win 10, some say you need the latest drivers, others say go back to older drivers (bt136w8164). One comment suggested that there may be something in the Win 10 "signature" reading that is blocking certain BT drivers on boot which makes sense. So I'm back home with another try at sorting this out (many hours lost to this). I'll report back if and when I can get it working - for my problem, not necessarily for others.
KeTBree
Paper Tape
Views: 785
Message 46 of 75

Here is how to fix bluetooth:

Go to C:drivers choose bluetooth and delete.

Go to: support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downloads/DS103763

Choose install drivers and download Bluetooth driver for Windows 10

It has happened to me a couple times when Bluetooth would just disappear. I tried downloading a driver through Intel and it would always fail to install. Finally, I found this and Bluetooth is back up and running. I bookmarked the page above so if it happens again I know where to go. Make sure you restart your computer after installing or you won't see bluetooth in your settings!

mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 777
Message 47 of 75

Nope. That's the file 13k001af.exe. I've installed and uninstalled that so many times my power switch is nearly worn out. That was one of the very first things I tried - getting a Win 10 BT driver from Lenovo. Currently that's what's installed, but BT appears, disappears, reappears. No rhyme nor reason. If I let the computer blank the screen (sleep or hibernate) it disappears. So far a reboot brings it back now so I can at least use it. There is either something in the power management that isn't right yet, or Microsoft has done something with one of their infamous "mandatory updates" that trashed the BT startup. And strangely enough, I have a Yoga 2 Pro with the i5 that never loses the BT icon. I don't know if that laptop works with BT or not because I use a USB mouse with it. That one has different screen-blanking and flickering problems (see another Topic header).
KeTBree
Paper Tape
Views: 760
Message 48 of 75

It worked for me.
mldavis2
Serial Port
Views: 750
Message 49 of 75

And that's exactly the problem I stated above.  There are several versions of this Bluetooth problem.  I have it on my Yoga 2 Pro i7 and not on my Yoga 2 Pro i5.  I have updated to the most recent BIOS, updated wifi drivers, updated BT drivers.  Finally I can fresh-boot and get the BT to appear and connect.  If I let the computer "time out" it not only disconnects the mouse (Microsoft Sculpt mouse) but the BT Icon disappears from the Taskbar, the Bluetooth menu option disappears under Device settings, and the BT folder disappears from Device Manager.  The files and folders related to the BT drivers are still on the drive, but the BT simply uninstalls itself until I cold-restart.

Bluetooth driver 17.1.1512.771

Wifi driver 18.20.0.9

BIOS 76CN43WW

So Bluetooth is working only on cold boot after a power down.

Mason60018
What's DOS?
Views: 594
Message 50 of 75

I hear your pain I been having the same issue for some time now and completely decided to give up until I seen the post of disabling the power setting within the Bluetooth adapter under control panel - system -device manager - Bluetooth - Intel Bluetooth adapter - power settings

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors