Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrAli1981
Paper Tape
Views: 9,485
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 2 Pro Bottom temperature and can`t access the lenovo apps

Hi every one i just received my Yoga 2 Pro ( i7 edition ) the machine is marvelous but i have some problems - 1st is the temperature of the bottom , when using Yoga in laptop mode the heat is very high that i can`t put it on my lap -2nd is that i can`t access all the lenovo apps , just like lenovo support , yoga picks ..i claimed that the problem may be due to the antivirus software then i uninstalled it , but nothing happened and still can`t access the apps thanks , wishing somebody helps
torious
Punch Card
Views: 9,293
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Bottom temperature and can`t access the lenovo apps

I'm having the same issue with the overheating. What are you temperatures reaching? I am getting around 50 idle and in the 60s celsius browsing the web. It's very irritating and I'm not sure if it's possible to do anything to fix it. I've sent my laptop in once already and there weren't any results...

EDIT: I got my laptop down to 43C with using google chrome. Just remove all of the software the lenovo had installed that's running in the background if you don't use it.

mattwc
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,277
Message 3 of 8

for the past week i have been havin real heat issues. i will start my yoga 2 pro or wake from sleep, and the temperature will be very hot, around 50, and it creeps up within a couple of minutes to 70 plus. all with only one or two applications running, and cpu load around 16%.

this worriess me that there is something wrong, and i will have to run the machine to be repaired. (after 30 days of ownership the motherboard died and had to be replaced, so this would be the second time in half a year).

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 9,267
Message 4 of 8

Constant CPU usage above 15% will heat up your laptop. What 2 culprits causes your CPU usage?

I recent switched to Firefox cause Chrome was using too much CPU.... FF uses more RAM, but I prefer RAM usage than CPU usage.

torious
Punch Card
Views: 9,237
Message 5 of 8

For me, I think it's the ram that causes my laptop to heat up. I used to never have it under 50% usage. I just completely removed all of Lenovo's bloatware from startup and now I'm barely under 30%. It doesn't heat up as much and the temperature is 45 celcius just like this review says it shoud be: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro-Convertible.107620.0.html . Also, if really gets too hot, I'm starting to use NoteBook FanControl (https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6c34bd33ac55ce36&id=6C34BD33AC55CE36!1060&action=Share) to control the speeds of my fans and see if I need to speed them up if the laptop is overheating way too much.

wankel7
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,249
Message 6 of 8

I am not sure how far you want to dig into this but I had read a post on another forum about Arctic Silver.

They scraped off the stock thermal past and added a higher quality one to good effect.
r4in
Paper Tape
Views: 5,540
Message 7 of 8

I have the same problem with my Y2P. The bottom part heat up to the extend I feel really uncomfortable especially when I do work on my lap. It is really worrying if the Y2P might stop stop and damage. Why? Need real solution please.
lbregister
What's DOS?
Views: 1,430
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

I am having the same issue with the bottom of the laptop heating up way too much, while the processor never reaches above 35%. In tablet mode, it's even worse because your hand is holding the area where it heats up this much. I never saw a response from Lenovo about this. Any help is appreciated. I would rather not have to use an app to fix this issue since I barely bought the machine. 

thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors