Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smashbrot
Fanfold Paper
Views: 518
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 2 Pro CPU stays at 800 MHz when in tent/tablet/stand-mode

Hello,

I think the subject of this thread describes exactly the issue i have on my Yoga 2 Pro.

In Laptop mode everything works fine but as soon as I enter the stand, tent or tablet mode (i.e. display angle > 180°) the CPU of the system stays at 800 Mhz all the time and wont speed up. Of course the system works extremely slow on 800 MHz. Its just not usable.

When changing to laptop mode everything works fine again.

I have tried different energy modes in the windows settings but it didnt have any effect.

Gibraltar
Punch Card
Views: 464
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 2 Pro CPU stays at 800 MHz when in tent/tablet/stand-mode

Have you tried this?

smashbrot
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 3 of 5

Hey, this solution worked for me! Smiley Happy

Thank you very much.

Sorry, i couldn't find this even after half an hour in google. Maybe i was just searching for the wrong terms...

But...how come that there is still a faulty Intel DPTF driver online @lenovo?

Damien71
Paper Tape
Views: 414
Message 4 of 5

I have contacted and contacted and contacted Lenovo over the last 18 months about this as wells as a screen flicker problem that I have with my Yoga 2 Pro.  Problems all started when I updated to Win 10 2yrs ago.  They kept telling me they were working on a driver update for Win 10 that would be coming very soon, and I naively kept believing them.  I will never buy Lenovo again because of this lack of support.

Gibraltar
Punch Card
Views: 402
Message 5 of 5

Hi Damien,

I'm not defending Lenovo (I too have some reservations regarding they're support) but both problems you describe have been resolved with drivers. Now, these updated drivers don't show up in Lenovo site, you have to manually force the update (Control panel\Device manager) right click on affected device (graphics and DTPF) and choose update driver. And a more robust solution would be to install Windows 10 from scratch (but you'd have to reinstall and reconfigure everything).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors