Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddf
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,296
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro Clickpad Touchpad Trackpad movement and vibrations

Just got the Yoga Pro 2 this week. I'm noticing a small movement in my clickpad (or whatever its calls) when I lightly tap on it. It feels like there is a 2 to 3 millimeter pocket of space under it before it provides resistance for the actual click motion.

If you take your finger and just lightly tap your finger on the touchpad do you hear and feel a slight vibration, like it might be loose? I know it has to move downwards motion to activate the mouse click buttons, but I feel like there is movement in the pad before I get resitance for the click motion.

I'm wondering if this is the design or I just got a slightly off designed one. Does it feel solid on your Yoga Pro 2?

Nonymous
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,272
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Clickpad Touchpad Trackpad movement and vibrations

I had the same problem with mine.  Every time I'd just lightly tap the pad in order to "click", I'd actually hear a click.  Very annoying.  Some odd movement under the pad that just didn't seem right.

I ended up exchanging it at Best Buy (where I bought it).  The best buy guy tried to claim it was normal, but didn't mind at all when I insisted that I wanted to exchange.  The replacement has no issues.

EngineerBill
Fanfold Paper
Views: 429
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Clickpad Touchpad Trackpad movement and vibrations

I have the same problem on my Yoga 3 Pro. I just received mine and the touchpad really annoys me with its "looseness". The laptop is very quiet - even when the tiny fan turns on. However, using the convertible in laptop mode and using the touchpad or clickpad, it makes terrible clicking sounds as you touch it because of the play as it moves up and down making contact with whatever it rests on - and this is when you're not left or right clicking the "buttons".

Also, the buttons are touch sensitive and are part of the mouse movement so when you are using two fingers on the pad - one on the left mouse clicker and one moving the cursor on the pad, it affects the mouse movement.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors