Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

217 Posts

06-04-2015

Brazil

1132 Signins

6609 Page Views

• Views: 6609
  • Message 11 of 13

Re: Yoga 2 Pro: Display Flickers/Blacks-Out. Long-term Problem with Win 10 Display Driver.

2018-02-28, 12:21 PM

Hi halfbask and goinberserk,

Lenovo sold thousands of 20266 Model forgetting their customers with a SEVERE FLICKER ISSUE without fix it for years. It's a useless and defective Ultrabook 2-1 without the correct drivers / settings and they haven't provided it.

Old complaints in the Lenovo Forum with more than 115,000 views.

Old YouTube video with more than 25,500 views.

Go to https://youtu.be/Ezs8_qxgrVI

Other minor issues like WLAN, BT and YMC (Yoga Mode Control) have also never been fixed. Currently Y2P isn't even listed under Lenovo Security Advisory LEN-18282 to address Spectre and Meltdown Security Risks.
Definitely Yoga 2 Pro (20266) was my first and LAST Lenovo product ever. (Frustrated with Lenovo Support... VERY FRUSTRATED).

Best Regards,

(*) Did this information help you today? Press the star on the left to thank with a KUDO!

Options

3 Posts

02-27-2018

United States of America

8 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 12 of 13

Re: Yoga 2 Pro: Display Flickers/Blacks-Out. Long-term Problem with Win 10 Display Driver.

2018-02-28, 13:28 PM

Hi Y'all! So I have had my Y2P for about 4yrs now. Since it was top of line at the retail. From win8 to win10pro now. And I guess from the info here Lenovo has ceased to support the device. It has definitely left me with a healthy skepticism for anything Lenovo going forward. 

Even more interesting is that I recently graduated from community college in the states with an IT degree after years of working various warehousing and clerical positions. I am currently studying for mcsa 70-410 with hopes of obtaining a mcse eventually. And I am working as enterprise pc refresh tech migrating win7 systems to win10 as win 7 is about to be depricated. This has been a learning experience and the knowledge gained here inregards to this newer tech. As tech speeds forward is invaluable. 

Thanks for the community! 

Options

2 Posts

02-20-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 13 of 13

2019-02-20, 15:42 PM

I tried it all... drivers, power settings bla bla bla......... none of them provided any reasonable benefits.

I know many people had success with these soft options but I did not. I finally broke down and chased an option someone had suggested somewhere about a loose ground. So.... I opened the bottom of the laptop, reset all the connectors and tightened all the screws. Then I did the same with the screen. I released it from the top cover, and tightened the screws and pushed down on all the connectors. It worked, no more flickering, no more "noise" in the screen ( white dithering on black screen ).

I don't know if this is your issue if you're still searching but I was at my wits end with this and starting to contemplate sending it in for repair. I'd give it a shot if I were you if you're still hunting. There are plenty of videos online on how to take the bottom and top off the laptop. You'll need a #5 Torx driver (get more than one as they're all flimsy).

Good luck....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms