cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halfbask
Paper Tape
Views: 10,220
Message 1 of 13

Yoga 2 Pro: Display Flickers/Blacks-Out. Long-term Problem with Win 10 Display Driver.

The Win 10 System updates seem to provide a new driver. Every version since Win 10's first release causes display to intermittently go beserk.  I overcome by reinstalling the OLD Lenovo posted driver.  Lenovo ever going to fix this problem? Machine type model: 80AY / Yoga2 Pro 13" / 20266 / Windows 10 (64-bit)

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 10,153
Message 2 of 13

Re: Yoga 2 Pro: Display Flickers/Blacks-Out. Long-term Problem with Win 10 Display Driver.

Good day.

As you mention that you have video problems following a Windows Update push of a new driver, and that the problems are resolved by reinstalling the Lenovo-provided driver, you may wish to consider turning off WU's ability to update hardware drivers. This will necessitate that you manage all hardware drivers yourself, though.

Personally, WU is not allowed to touch hardware drivers on any of my machines.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 9,898
Message 3 of 13

Re: Yoga 2 Pro: Display Flickers/Blacks-Out. Long-term Problem with Win 10 Display Driver.

The Lenovo driver (Yoga 2 Pro) is outdated and incompatible with WiDi on Windows 10
WU's Intel HD Graphics 4400 latest version (20.19.15.4531) is much more realible but sometimes has Flickers/Blacks-Out like Lenovo version also does.
This problem still unsolved from Lenovo Suport side since Yoga 2 Pro was release with Windows 8.1
Regards,

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 9,379
Message 4 of 13

I shared a broad and updated HOW TO - Setup Guide for Yoga 2 Pro (Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709) with ALL latest correct drivers, apps and tricks HERE
Regards

halfbask
Paper Tape
Views: 9,375
Message 5 of 13

THX! FYI, I followed suggestions around some power management settings and that seemed to work. Recently (and after some OS release) problem seems to have returned but I THINK only when battery is low. Seems not to happen when plugged-in. So, I assume this is an UNADDRESSED  software issue that will never be fixed.

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 9,364
Message 6 of 13

You're welcome!
With ALL drivers that I shared and "tricks" my Y2P is running with ZERO screen flicker issue for months now.
Worth a try.
Regards (and Happy New Year)

goinberserk
Paper Tape
Views: 8,790
Message 7 of 13

after enabling the auto screen refresh in the energy manager i was flicker free for months. but today it returned with a vengence. i almost fell into a seizure. my eyes are still recovering. I used the intel graphics control panel today to power<panel self refresh<disable. on battery it hasnt flickered again yet. thanks for all the advice y'all. 

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 8,782
Message 8 of 13

Hi goinberserk,

Set Panel Self-Refresh (enable or disable) doesn't fix the flicker isssue.
The ONLY reliable workaround that works is ENABLE (Automatic Screen Refresh Rate @ Energy Manager)
My suggestion is to double check all drivers/versions in the link above (message #4)

Regards,

goinberserk
Paper Tape
Views: 8,748
Message 9 of 13

Hi Birraque, and thanks for the speedy reply! I have checked/updated the drivers as recommended.

thanks again for the assistance! 

halfbask
Paper Tape
Views: 8,727
Message 10 of 13

After dealing with this issue for more than a year I'm betting you have the solution!

Funny though, this is so fundamental you'd think Lenovo would'a provided the solution. 

Ihave a Carbon and this Yoga2--my last Lenovos.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors