cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taxibusca
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,943
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 2 Pro Display blinks with Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) and Adobe reader

Recently, I noticed that my Yoga2 Pro's display keeps blinking and flashing whenever I interchange from Adobe Reader to Google Chrome. The display will just turn black for 1 sec and turn back ON again. Same issue with Office software such as Powerpoint or Excel. If I just work on 1 program and don't interchange programs, the display will be fine. I am very sure it is a display driver issue and it occurs after Win 10 updates. Booting in Safemode also will prevent that problem from happening.

The Display driver listed on this website is not working http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-2-PRO-LENOVO/downlo...

and will have the same issue with Intel 4400...

I know that this model is obsolete and the warranty is expired. But this is obviously SW update/Driver issue with Win 10. Could someone from Lenvo help to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 2,919
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Display blinks with Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) and Adobe reader

This problem is related with Intel Graphic Card driver and happens since Windows 8.1 without solution.
Try latest Windows 10 drivers for VGA, WLAN and BT from Intel. Won't solve 100% the issue but whole system will run almost perfect.
You will find all download links HERE
Regards,

taxibusca
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,908
Message 3 of 9

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Display blinks with Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) and Adobe reader

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I have tried your suggestion of upgrading to Win 10 Creators Update and then tried to update the VGA - Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10 [15.40.34.4624] but the latter failed to install with a message saying the operating system is not supported? Did I miss something here?

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 2,906
Message 4 of 9

I suggest uninstalling the current VGA driver using the DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe Mode.

Then reboot your system and try to install again Intel Graphics Driver for Windows [15.40.34.4624]

You can ignore any alert message from Windows 10 during Intel driver installation. Green light (driver trusted)!

Let me know if worked now.
Regards,

taxibusca
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,886
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the suggestion again. I got the Display Driver Uninstaller and removed the existing display driver. However, while running the new display driver win64_154034.4624.exe, I got the same "Operating system is not supported" error message. Is it because I am using this new Win 10 Creator update?

Windows10_InsiderPreview_Client_x64_en-us_15063.iso 

Should I revert back to previous Win 10?

Highlighted
Birraque
802.11n
Views: 2,882
Message 6 of 9

You will be fine with Creators Update, don't roll back.
Follow step-by-step:

1) DUU, double click on Display Driver Uninstaller.exe

00_DDU.jpg

2) Select Safe Mode, Reboot to Safe Mode

01_DDU.jpg

3) Click on Clean and Restart

02_DDU.jpg

4) Now double click on win64_154034.4624.exe

03_Driver.jpg

5) Next

04_Install.jpg

6) Next

05_Install.jpg

7) YES

06_Install.jpg

8) Next

07_Install.jpg

9) Next

08_Install.jpg

10) Yes and FINISH

09_Restart.jpg

11) Driver version 20.19.15.4624 running

10_Version.jpg

12) Again with DDU select NORMAL, Launch

11_DDU.jpg

13) Select 'Set Windows Device Instalation Settings to Default', and CLOSE

12_WU.jpg

taxibusca
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,842
Message 7 of 9

Thanks again for the instructions. Unfortunately, with new Win 10 installed and the new driver installed, I still have the exact same problem as before where every time I switch from one program (such as Adobe reader) to another other (such as Chrome), the display will just turn off and on again. I observed that it is mostly from Adobe reader and Microsoft Office. As long as I stay with the same program, there is no issue....this is very annoying but not the end of the world....Does anyone observe similar issue on their Yoga 2 Pro?

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 2,501
Message 8 of 9

Running Windows 10 (Build 15063.483) now with latest Intel HD Graphics driver and Energy Management settings bellow.
No more screen flickering!

graphics.jpg

Birraque
802.11n
Views: 2,094
Message 9 of 9

I shared a broad and updated HOW TO - Setup Guide for Yoga 2 Pro (Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709) with ALL latest correct drivers, apps and tricks HERE

Regards,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors