Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilkster
802.11n
Views: 6,605
Message 11 of 31

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Energy Manager: Conservation Mode and Express Charging

I use a program that runs in the taskbar called BatteryBar (the basic free version). It also tells you information such as capacity in mWh, battery wear, charge and usage rates and a better run-time estimate. My reading shows a battery design capacity of 54,760 mWh however I have a 1.9% wear so my real capacity is 53,720 mWh when charged at 100%. May be worth taking a look to see what it reports.

jerbes
What's DOS?
Views: 6,447
Message 12 of 31

I remember reading something about "If your battery indicator doesn't seem to be matching what you expect your battery charge, you can reset it."  The instructions explained letting the battery discharge to 0, then fully recharge.  Then do it again - discharge to 0, then recharge.  And do it a 3rd time.

finger123
Paper Tape
Views: 6,401
Message 13 of 31

Can someone please tell me exactly where to find Energy Managment in Windows 8.1.... I cannot find it...

-not in control panel

-not on start menu

-not in power options 

WHERE IS IT?

AAAAH

Thanks,

grisjuan
Token Ring
Views: 6,385
Message 14 of 31

I access it from the icon in my notification area (taskbar near the clock). Do you have your notification area set to show the icon for energy manager?

The install location is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Manager
you can run the Energy Manger executable file (.exe) to start it if it's not running on your system.

garyzeb
What's DOS?
Views: 6,366
Message 15 of 31

Does anyone know if the Energy Manager can be run at the command line with switches (parameters)?  I would like to be able to turn Conservation Mode on and off with a command line script, rather than having to go into the GUI.

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 6,159
Message 16 of 31

Can anyone recommend a specific mode under the Power Options (or Energy Manager).  Right now I have it set to Balance, but noticed this is definitely depleting power quickly.

wesley20850
Punch Card
Views: 6,146
Message 17 of 31

Try Daily Mode (the coffee mug icon) on Energy Manger. Also, try changing some of the advanced power settings to extend battery life.

medeiom
HDMI
Views: 6,136
Message 18 of 31

Thanks, will try it out.

wesley20850
Punch Card
Views: 6,133
Message 19 of 31

Also, if you have time take a look at: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Yoga-2-Pro-Battery-Life/td-p/1272881

I found some helpful tips and links there.

hmbowers51542
Paper Tape
Views: 5,533
Message 20 of 31

I'm new to this thread and am confused. I'm a LONG time computer user; fairly literate in Windows, OS-X and Linux. I've had a Yogo 2 Pro for about a month. The BIOS is the most recent version, I'm on the newest version of Win 8.1, and have installed the latest version of Energy Manager; but there is NO conservation mode available.

By opening a terminal and typing powercfg -L it list seven different modes to choose from, but conservation mode is not one of them. And I don't see any way to set the % to charge the battery to in any of the modes.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors